The cover letter example below is that of a senior accountant with experience initiating actions to reduce costs, plan and implement cross functional programs, identify and employ critical technology and work effectively with outside partners. The second paragraph of the cover letter lists some consulting engagements with multi-billion dollar organisations. The third paragraph of the cover letter lists key qualifications and accomplishments, including:
- 25 years of experience as a CPA working on projects with Fortune 100 and 500 companies;
- knowledge and expertise in Sarbanes-Oxley implementation and compliance;
- strong IT skills;
- superior client service skills; and
- knowledge of various computer systems and applications.
6851 Sample Road NE, #H28 / Sample, Georgia 30328
(555) 555-1212 / [email protected]
City, State, Zip
Today's economy demands excellence in the areas of financial management and information systems. Accounting and finance professionals must have a unique blend of experience and leadership along with the ability to contribute to the enterprise's profitability. They must not only monitor daily activities but also possess the vision to plan and implement strategic initiatives for the future well being of the company.
As my resume clearly demonstrates, I have consistently taken the initiative to reduce costs, plan and implement cross functional programs, identify and employ critical technology, and work effectively with outside partners. Recent accomplishments include a diverse range of consulting engagements for multi-billion-dollar corporations, including Coca Cola Enterprises, McKesson Corporation, Exide Technologies, and SAP America.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Certified Public Accountant with over 25 years' experience encompassing a unique combination of management consulting and corporate accounting for Fortune 100 and 500 companies.
- Knowledge and expertise in Sarbanes-Oxley implementation and compliance (section 404 and 302).
- Strong IT skills with the ability to manage system conversion projects and train Subject Matter Experts (SME's) for global enterprises; SAP certified in FI/CO module.
- Proven troubleshooting skills with the ability to research, identify, and implement creative problem-solving solutions for high growth organizations.
- Dedicated to providing superior service to corporate clientele by responding to their requests, inquiries, suggestions, or concerns; able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Knowledge and experience in computer systems and applications including J.D. Edwards (JDE), PeopleSoft, Oracle, Fourth Shift, Timberline, Platinum, SAP, Business Control Systems (BCS), Property Tax Management Systems (PTMS), Microsoft Office and Windows operating systems.
The enclosed profile is a summary of my experience. I look forward to the opportunity to discuss in further detail my ability to fulfill your requirements. Thank you for your consideration.