18A Cornerstone Avenue, East Islip, NY 11730, (631) 555-7777, TheElevatorGuy@myisp.com
EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT | NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT | CONSULTING
- Established and catapulted start-up elevator consulting firm to lead as one of the top five regionally -
Senior-level professional with an accomplished career in the elevator operations industry. Successful business owner with a record of achievement for founding a well-respected, profitable elevator consulting firm with a regional ranking as one of the top five from a list of 15+ major competitors. Recognized as a project leader with an effective management style. Offer an expertise in the following core areas of business management operations:
Project Management P&L/ Financial Management and Reporting... Budget Planning and Control... Relationship Building... Feasibility Studies... Competitive Bidding Processes... Contract Negotiations... Quality Assurance... Regulatory Compliance... Sales & Marketing... Business Consultation... Presentations... HR/ Staff Recruitment, Training, and Supervision... Payroll... Work Schedules... Purchasing
- Featured in Sunday editions of several leading New York newspapers on elevator-related topics.
- Contributed to numerous articles in real estate trade magazines and publications.
- Retained by real estate training schools to teach classes on New York City Local Law 10/81.
- Retained to teach college students on elevator operation, service, repair, and evacuation procedures.
CITYWIDE ELEVATORS, New York, NY, 1998 to Present
President/ Founding Owner
Citywide Elevators is a full-service elevator-consulting firm specialized in evaluating and inspecting high-end elevator/ escalator systems for residential property owners and commercial clients across healthcare, education, and real estate industries throughout all boroughs of New York. List of services include:
Elevator Modernization/ New Construction Project Management and Consulting... Contract Review... Contractor... Performance... Code Compliance... Pre-Purchase Surveys... Maintenance Evaluations... Full-service Agreements... QC/ Mandated Elevator Inspections... Expert Witness Testimony... Safety Test Witnessing... Accident Investigations
- Manage day-to-day business operations from point of inspection to project completion as a provider of architectural and engineering services on major elevator/ escalator installation and modernization projects.
- Acquire new business through strategic marketing efforts, competitive bidding processes, and client referrals; increased annual sales by 20% eight years consecutively; exceed $2.5 million in sales for 2006.
- Establish and spearhead an average of 3,000 New York City mandated elevator inspections and 25-40 elevator upgrade projects to ensure units meet compliance with Department of Building licensing requirements.
- Integrate the latest cutting-edge technologies in elevator performance, reliability, and safety for all upgrade projects, including DC to AC power conversions and manual-to-automated service systems.
- Cultivate strong client relations with building owners, property managers, condo/ co-op boards, hospitals, and universities through continuous contact, follow up, and business entertainment activities.
- Supervise the hiring and training of eight field service technicians and office support personnel; institute all policies and procedures for service team resulting in a knowledgeable staff and higher quality service levels.
- Delegate all fieldwork assignments to field technicians/ inspectors; prepare and review written inspection reports on elevator/ escalator equipment complete with photos, project scope, and budget estimates.
- Personally handle inspections for major accounts, provide consultations, conduct sales presentations, and attend associated meetings with contractors and building management representatives.
CITYWIDE ELEVATORS, INC., continued
- Develop comprehensive work plans and specifications, maintenance contracts, and bidding documentation for distribution to an average of five elevator service companies for each project.
- Review submitted bid proposals and award contracts to appropriate bidders; perform routine job site visits to ensure all work is being performed to specification, building code, and safety regulations.
- Serve as direct point of contact for all concerned to address and swiftly resolve problems; liaison between contractor and building management teams throughout all project phases.
- Keep apprised of industry trends and competitor activity through active participation at trade shows and seminars, and stay current on annual renewals of mandatory state licensure and accreditations.
- Upgrade and renovation projects:
10 Water Street, New York, NY: $1.8M complete renovation of 28 elevators and cab remodeling.
Educators Consortium, New, NY: $1.5M upgrade of 30 elevators over a two-year period
Department of Housing: multi-million-dollar upgrade of 160 elevators at various locations.
- Semi-annual elevator inspections and related consulting services and/or provision of specifications and planning/ supervision on numerous elevator modernization projects. All are on-going contracts:
New York Education Center: 275 elevators.
Allison Management: 118 elevators
New York Hospital: 100 elevators/escalators and material lifts.
Martin Realtors Inc.: 55 elevators.
Alex Property Management: 50 elevators.
Pensky Towers: 15 elevators.
Cohen Theatre: 12 elevators.
Held positions throughout career that began as an elevator technician, receiving rapid promotions into managerial capacities supervising broad aspects of office management and field operations. In 1990, served as executive vice president for Century Elevator Consultants with experience that minors operation at Citywide Elevators.
Executive Vice President, Century Elevator Consultants, New York, NY, 1990 to 1995
Elevator Division Director, Carlson Commercial Builders, Ozone Park, NY, 1985 to 1990
Field Supervisor, Venus Elevator Company, Elmhurst, NY, 1978 to 1985
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Diploma, Elevator Trade School (four year training program)
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
New York City Licensed Elevator Inspector
ASME QEI Certified, #555
National Association of Elevator Safety Authorities (NAESA)
National Association of Vertical Transportation Professional (NAVTP)