123 Elm St., Miami, FL 33183
H: 305-555-5555, C: 305-444-4444, firstname.lastname@example.org
CARPENTER | MAINTENANCE
Accomplished and awarded carpenter with more than nine years of relevant experience in the field. Performance-driven leader with expertise in carpentry, blueprint reading, framing, and drywall as well as sign and carpet installation. Drive a team in the construction of special event/ show booths and signs for large venues. Experienced in CAD.
LEAD CARPENTER, ABC Construction, Miami, FL, 20xx - 20xx
Builder of custom homes valued at more than $1 million each. Assisted foreman with training carpenters and delegating work to employees, based on material and worker requirements of specific jobs. Examined and inspected work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and ensure specifications were met. Read blueprints and other specifications documents to determine construction requirements and plan procedures. Coordinated work activities with other construction project activities. Reported directly to foreman and company owners.
- Expedited project completion by implementing daily punch list and duties to be performed.
- Initially hired as a Carpenter; earned promotion to Lead Carpenter.
Supervised and assisted 4-6 carpenters in constructing and installing wooden structures and fixtures; encompassing concrete forms; building frameworks, including partitions, joists, studding, and rafters; wood stairways; window and door frames; and hardwood floors. Also oversaw and aided in installation of cabinets, siding, drywall, and batt or roll insulation. Located, measured, and marked site locations and placement of structures and equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
UNION CARPENTER/ JOURNEYMAN, BCD Decorating Company, Miami, FL, 20xx - 20xx
Led a team of 15 in customized construction of special event booths for this major United States trade show venue with over $300 million in sales.
- Utilized expertise in blueprint reading to lead a team in building customized booths for high-profile events such as hardware, housewares, radiology, and auto shows at Chicago's McCormick Center.
- Coordinated construction with the delivery of electricity to various booths.
- Installed carpeting to booths specified.
- Hung all signage utilizing scissor lifts both inside and outside.
- Built and set up 30-ft signage for the facade of the McCormick Place building structure.
- Delegated work according to skill set to ensure on-time, on-target construction; established a solid team capable of exceeding organizational expectations.
CARPENTER, CDE Builders, Miami, FL, 20xx - 20xx
Directed 10-15 carpenters in school and municipality construction. Oversaw job site layout and workmanship. Performed all functions related to residential carpentry for a builder that specialized custom framed houses. Completed work on time and within budget while providing superior customer service.
- Completed concrete job $130,000 under budget.
- Recommended standards to human resources in assessing carpenters prior to assignments, which improved the use of manpower and higher productivity.
XYZ COLLEGE, A.A.S., Light Construction Technician
XYZ COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Course Work Completed, Construction Science and Management