515 Oleander Drive | Wilmington, NC 28401
Home: 910.452.5521 | Mobile: 910.452.9955 | email@example.com
VP | MARKETING | BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT | CLIENT SERVICES
Accomplished, decisive, and knowledgeable marketing executive with 20 years' experience in innovative, profit-oriented business such as Entertainment Publications, Detroit Red Wings, and Little Caesars. Recognized for building strong brands using integrated marketing methodologies. Key contributor to strategic business planning with experience leading, managing, and developing long-range growth plans. Respected as a dynamic team leader and creative solutions provider. Demonstrated track record related to business development and sales management skills. Available for travel and relocation.
Core professional competencies include:
- Double-Digit Revenue Generation
- Budgeting, Planning & Forecasting
- Marketing Program Design
- Product Development & Introduction
- Cross-Functional Team Leadership
- Media Relations & Agency Management
- High-Profile Event Management
- University-level instruction in Marketing
SIGNIFICANT PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Successfully negotiated a ground-breaking 6-year, $50 million broadcast agreement that increased revenue for the Detroit Red Wings by 100%.
- Generated more than $1 million in sales for Entertainment Publications by initiating a B2B online search program with Overture and Google.
- Enhanced publication's direct mail response rate by 100%, and generated a 200% increase in marketing revenue by initiating a lead generation initiative focused on Fortune 1000 companies.
- Directed the creation of "Hockeytown" - one of the most powerful new brand in sports. Developed integrated business plan with multiple revenue streams, producing $1 million annually.
- Awarded the NHL's "Best Marketing Campaign" award in 2002 for the creation and integration of Hockeytown into Detroit Red Wings brand platform, including development of a multimillion-dollar sports restaurant and bar concept.
- Led strategic sales team in the acquisition of Entertainment's major clients, including Capital One, Bell South, Garmin, American Airlines, PetSmart, Qwest, Rogers Cable, and Red Hat Society.
- Serve as Brand Marketing guest presenter and instructor for undergraduate and graduate classes at University of Michigan, Oakland University, Eastern Michigan University, University of Windsor, and Wayne State University.
EXPERIENCE AND SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS
ENTERTAINMENT PUBLICATIONS, INC. - Troy, MI, 2003 to present
Wholly-Owned Subsidiary of IAC/ InterActive Corporation; the industry leader in 50% off consumer savings and merchant promotions with $220 million in annual revenue.
DIRECTOR, CORPORATE MARKETING
Challenged to meet $14 million division budget and $3 million revenue quota for Custom Division of Entertainment Publications. Manage all aspects of corporate marketing encompassing product development, brand development/ integration, lead generation, collateral development, target strategy, and agency management. Manage staff of three and report to Senior Vice President, Marketing.
JIM HATFIELD, Page Two
- Redesigned and launched online Savings Product representing 60% of revenue totaling $8 million annually. Launched email 1-1 product, delivering $500,000 in sales within 6 months.
- Conceived and executed integrated marketing program with Comcast, improving customer retention by 50%. Achieved "Gold CTAM" award for Retention Market Excellence.
- Created "Book Box", a 3D direct mail program that increased lead generation by 30% and incremental revenue by $500,000.
- As lead strategic sales expert bridged the gap between customers and sales by developing, innovative online/ offline product solutions to meet client objectives.
DETROIT RED WINGS AND OLYMPIA ENTERTAINMENT, INC. - Detroit, MI, 1993 to 2003
Subsidiary of Ilitch Holdings; one of the industry's most diverse sports and entertainment companies (featuring the NHL's Detroit Red Wings) with over $100 million in annual revenue.
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS (1996 - 2003)
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING (1993 - 1996)
Led all aspects of marketing broadcast, public relations, and game presentation for the Detroit Red Winds, College Hockey Events, Hockeytown Cafe, and Hockeytown Athletics retail store. Served as Chief Marketing Officer for Detroit Red Wings and General Manager of College Hockey Events. Controlled a $1 million marketing budget. Managed a staff of 20 and reported to President.
- Recommended company's integrated branding platform, leading to the creation of Hockeytown, Al the Octopus, and College Hockey at the Joe campaigns still in existence today.
- Spearheaded strategic marketing campaign, "Al the Octopus" during NHL playoffs. Increased revenue for Detroit Red Wings by 20% - campaign adopted by numerous NHL teams.
- Created 5-year business plan that increased "College Hockey at the Joe" season ticket sales by 600%, and overall revenue by 100%, including a title sponsorship from Sprint PCS.
- Raised $5+ million for local charities as leading member of Community Relations department.
LITTLE CAESARS PIZZA - Detroit, MI, 1987 to 1993
Subsidiary of Ilitch Holdings; North American company with 3,000 locations and $500 million in revenue.
SALES PROMOTION MANAGER
Built and managed Sales Promotion department that reinforced brand value, created awareness, and increased sales for 3,000+ Little Caesars stores.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN-ANN ARBOR, SCHOOL OF LS&A
BGS, CONCENTRATION IN BUSINESS AND PSYCHOLOGY
Member, American Marketing Association (AMA)
Member, Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
Member, Detroit Adcrafter Organization
Member, Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing, (CTAM)
Board Member, Jeff Bourne Memorial Hockey Foundation