123 Elm St, Miami, FL 33183, (305) 555-5555, email@example.com
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER: Resourceful, accomplished, and dedicated Correctional Officer with management, employee supervision, and motivational leadership experience. Track record of achievement in providing peace, security, and safety within correction centers and federal prisons.
State of Florida Department of Corrections Division of Adult Institutions, 20xx - Present
Corrections Officer I
Maintain security and control of the institution. Supervise personal hygiene of inmates in housing units and all institutional activities. Perform inspection of inmate living quarters and random searches of individual cells, common areas, and offenders, looking for contraband. Enforce institutional policies and procedures. Conduct first aid and crisis intervention.
- Effectively handled confrontational situations; resolving them appropriately.
- Served as WERDCC third-shift computer trainer and ICVC (Impact of Crime on Victims) class facilitator.
ABC Correctional Center, Miami, FL, 20xx - 20xx
Unclassified Correctional Worker
Maintained security and control of the institution. Oversaw inmates in cell house, personal hygiene, and institutional activities. Conducted random searches of individual cells, common areas, and offenders. Enforced institutional policies and procedures. Searched inmate lockers and confiscated contraband.
- Supervised the inmates and effectively enforced the rules of the correctional facility.
- Played an instrumental role as a SCAT team member; assisted with issues of safety and awareness.
BCD Federal Prison, Miami, FL, 20xx - 20xx
Supervised up to 96 inmates in a medium-security facility maintaining 100% accountability. Conducted prisoner roll calls, escorts, and lock-downs. Monitored inmates' daily activities, watching closely for unusual behavior, improper conduct, or signs of possible conflict. Performed periodic patrols of the entire correctional facility area to maintain order and prevent escapes. Searched cells, living quarters, visiting areas, recreational areas, and buildings for contraband or unapproved items. Performed first aid and crisis intervention as needed.
- Averted a potential riot by effectively handling confrontational situations, resolving them appropriately.
- Relieved the management team of routine duties permitting additional overhead dedicated to strategic planning and management.
- Participated in inmate counts as the backup officer. Responded to inmate fights and requests for staff assistance.
CDE Correctional Center, Miami, FL, 20xx - 20xx
Correctional Officer Trainee/ Secretary
Supported Case Managers, Counselors, the Unit Manager, the Assistant Warden, and the Warden in the administration of correctional programs. Maintained the security and accuracy of proprietary files. Served as the gatekeeper for external contact to staff and inmates, and directed inquiries to the appropriate resource. Scheduled appointments and meetings. Provided special requests and program support as needed. Prepared and distributed Unit Meeting minutes; provided committee support as required. Received, screened, and distributed correspondence. Ensured the accuracy and conformance of all outgoing reports and documentation. Supervised inmate visits.
- Responded to routine requests for status, suspense dates, and compliance as the initial departmental point of contact. Ensured strict information security in accordance with all applicable policies and regulations.
- Documented information release in compliance with Freedom of Information Act policies.
- Tracked and compiled statistics used by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
- Earned a Letter of Commendation and a Letter of Appreciation during 20xx.
XYZ University, BA, Criminology, 20xx