JOHN H. SAMPLE
2345 Main Street | Ontario, Canada M5T 6H9 | 877.875.7706 | [email protected]
HIGH IMPACT SENIOR SALES & MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Strategic Market Planning - Customer Relationship Management - Multi-Channel Distribution - Customer Acquisition & Retention - Merchandising Promotion - Vendor Relations - Sales Training & Team Leadership - Call Center Management - New Product Design & Development - Social Media - Lead Generation Telesales - CRM Philosophy
Enterprising, extroverted and customer-focused sales leader with a natural ability for building new business and forging loyalty with clients, vendors and external business partners. Identifies and capitalizes on emerging business ventures to propel an organization to the top-tier of its industry. Motivational management style with a proven history of building, guiding and retaining high-performance teams to develop and implement strategies for accelerated growth. Strives to optimize operations, reduce costs and improve service quality while strengthening the bottom-line.
Leadership - Talented sales strategist and tactician offering thought leadership, strategic advice, insights for market differentiation, competitive advantage, and go-to market strategies using best in class tools and processes. Extensive experience in a fast paced highly competitive industry from key roles in online financial services and call centers to the growth development and transition of an original Canadian paper manufacturer. Secured one of the Biggest transactions in Canadian paper.
Business Development - Drive market enthusiasm through communications, seminars, trade shows, and industry events, with new media, online marketing, social media, and SEO savvy. Built a sales networks of 10 territory representative to consistently exceed $500,000 monthly target to grow revenue $6 million in 2001 to $2 million in 2005.
Customer Relations - Developed strategic action plan to enhance account retention. Revamped customer service department by infusing the call center with script education to retain customers; stressed a customer engagement philosophy. Credited with closing core programs with Dollar General, Dollar Tree, valued at $1M in 2002 growing to $3M in annual sales by 2005 for over 11,000 stores nationwide.
Phoenix Sales, 2005 - Present
SALES & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
Bright Data LP, 2008 - Present
- Hired as change-agent to customize "Bright CRM" strategy for improved results, efficiency, and profitability of the yellow page/ directory network leading to the creation of a specialized Outbound Sales Team and Communication 101 Training Course; impacted productivity, service excellence and customer loyalty with a focus on customer contact, writing, scripting, and internal training a team of 40 agents in Florida call center.
- Spearheaded the development of VIP customer loyalty/ testimonial program "The Ecstatic Customer Project" with 200 select directory clients, which was implemented as a standard company-wide.
- Managed multiple social media profiles (corporate twitter accounts and blogs) and directed PR and Communications for media inquiries, press releases, and special projects and producer for NOLAShines.org and numerous environmental and charitable verticals (BrightGiving, BrightGreen, FUWL.org, BrightLocal.net, Yellephant.com). Established and nurtured partnerships and strategic alliances for special projects.
NATIONAL ACCOUNT CONSULTANT - Artistic Paper
Kittrich Corporation, 2007 - Present
- Key player in reorganization and restructuring of a specialty mat board company into a well-positioned paper entity.
- Built and developed program of key items which services $2 million in new private label accounts and growing.
- Design new products and expanded line for Kids Room Arts and Crafts products within cross-functional sales teams.
- Recognized with a promotion to coordinate sales for two additional divisions, MailPac, Rupaco.
JOHN H. CLIENT, PAGE 2
Professional Experience Continued...
North American Paper Products, 2005 - 2007
- Transitioned all accounts, including several high profile clients, totaling $8 million annually during the merger of Spiral Horizon and North American Paper.
- Retained and consolidated customer base, transferring loyalty and industry respect to new Paper Group of Companies.
- Championed for lifelong Spiral employees ensuring rehire for their unique manufacturing and equipment expertise.
- Led entirely new Industrial paper strategy focused on higher margin business as Head of Industrial Paper Sales, a road warrior for counter rolls, cut sheets, chipboard, and food service. Grew division by over 600% in 2007. Focused on higher margin business.
DIRECTOR OF SALES & MARKETING
Spiral Horizon Paper Products, 2001 - 2005
- Developed sales roadmap for a $6M paper manufacturing company losing market share in a highly competitive market.
- Accountable for all aspects of sales, marketing, and business development, including planning, forecasting, preparing annual budgets, and purchasing/ vendor relations with mills, printers, and packaging suppliers.
- Launched rack promotion that resulted in SKU expansion and $1M/year increased poster board sales.
- Directed 10 sales agents and territory reps extending into Mexico and the Latin Americas. Built strong relationships with Fortune 500 national retailers including Wal-Mart, Zellers, Staples, Office Depot, Toys R Us, retail and school distributors Regent Products, Encore Sales, and Canadian/ U.S. districts and school boards.
- Established relationships with the 3 largest dollar chains in the US with sales of $3 million annually Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar.
- Recovered lost customers and revived major school board tenders for $1.5 million annually.
- Secured $855,000 order for Point of Purchase displays for back-to-school promotion, largest in company's history.
- Developed and grew OEM sales division of Crayola and 3M to $1 million annually.
- Enhanced total sales to plant capacity from $6 million to $14 million peak on two shifts.
- Consistently exceed $500,000 monthly target to grow revenue $6 million in 2001 to $12 million in 2005.
CabAds Media Inc., 2001 - 2005
- Launched Toronto's first interior taxicab-advertising company, "Take over the Streets"; conducted all operations, including start-up, suppliers, cab relations and outdoor advertising sales.
- Obtained approvals with the City of Toronto, agreements with all major cab companies, product presentations to ad agencies, campaign execution/ tracking.
- Secured key accounts/ campaigns for Discovery Channel (Shark Week) and Dairy Farmers of Ontario (Milk Gives).
- Appeared in numerous media publications such as "Marketing Magazine", newspapers, and on ROBTV's "The Bottom Line with Michael Vaughan".
Opus 2 Direct Financial, 1999 - 2000
- Recruited by CEO to manage an elite team of Investment Advisors for institutionally managed asset pools for retail investors.
- Provided one-on-one services to clients and financial planners to meet financial goals through customized portfolios.
- Coordinated programs including conferences, seminars, trade shows and client appreciation events to assist investment advisors in solidifying relationships with clients and target companies.
- Integral role in building assets, expanding brand and developing an attractive target for the eventual sale to National Bank Financial, now Emissary Portfolio Service.
Canadian Securities Institute, 1996 - 1997
Canadian Securities Course, Conduct and Practices Handbook, Canadian Options Course
University of Western Ontario, 1991 - 1996
Bachelor of Arts Philosophy, Minor Journalism
Crescent School, 1983 - 1991
Witz Professional Sales Training Certified, 1997
Great Resumes Fast is a professional resume writing and interview coaching firm that assists job seekers at every level secure interviews and job offers. They create dynamic, best-in-class resumes and cover letters that consistently deliver results. Great Resumes Fast also offers writers with specialization in Federal Resume Writing, Executive Level and C-Suite, Information Technology, Sales and Management.