38983 Mobile Street, Jacksonville, AL 23922
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST, CRP INSURANCE COMPANY, Sarasota, FL, 2005 - Present
- Sole HR representative for a growing organization with 69 full-time employees.
- Hired 43 full-time professionals in 2005 ranging up to Director level across all company departments, more than doubling the size of company.
- Proactively sought out unique low cost recruiting techniques saving organization thousands of dollars in executive recruiter fees.
- Helped craft job descriptions for 40 job titles across eight different departments.
- Manage relationship with Professional Employer Organization (PEO), handling all payroll, benefits, workers' compensation, unemployment, and more.
- Overhauling compensation program revamping job bands and updating salary structure for rapidly expanding organization.
- Established company's first-ever performance management process insuring annual assessment compliance for all employees.
- Launched new hire orientation program spanning medical and dental benefits, short/ long term disability, life insurance, and leave of absence processes.
- Seeking out cost effective benefits program to eventually replace PEO.
- Coordinate training program, selecting content and sourcing training vendors.
- Oversaw two office location moves in less than one year.
ON-SITE SUPERVISOR, RAE SERVICES, Florence, AL, 2004
- Managed a temporary staff of more than 450 employees for Sara Lee food processing facility.
- Screened and hired hundreds of candidates for several different high-turnover plant positions.
- Coordinated New Hire Orientations for more than 200 full-time temporary employees.
- Recommended to upper management revised payment disbursement process for temp employees.
- Oversaw weekly performance appraisal process for dozens of workers.
- Managed and tracked strict attendance policy resulting in several terminations.
- Represented Kelly Services at several disputed unemployment hearings.
BENEFITS ANALYST, HR INTERNATIONAL, Rockford, IL, 2003 - 2004
- Contracted to administer benefits for more than 3,500 staff, associates and partner attorneys at Mayer, Brown, Rowe and Maw LLP-one of the world's largest law firms.
- Managed a comprehensive five-tiered benefits program across the firm.
- Created organization's first-ever policies and procedures document outlining all activities for the benefits analyst role.
- Partnered with outside vendor to overhaul firm's LTD policy for 200 partner attorneys.
FLANDERS CORPORATION, Rockford, IL, 2001 - 2003
- Administered corporate benefits to more than 5,000 active employees, retirees, and former employees across the country.
- Worked closely with senior Management and HR Director/ Managers at six different corporate divisions.
- Communicated with up to 50 employees weekly concerning COBRA eligibility for employees in more than 100 locations nationwide.
- Maintained contact with dozens of employees regarding short and long-term leaves of absence, and FMLA.
- Handled all aspects of retiree benefits for more than 50 former employees.
- Crafted company's first-ever policy and procedure manual for benefits specialist position.
- Administered company's new domestic partner benefits program-overseeing and verifying all documentation.
HOWARD UNIVERSITY - GLANDALE, IL, May 2006
Masters of Science in human Resource Management; Walter E. Heller College of Business Administration
DRAKE UNIVERSITY - BOULDER, CO, June 2003
Bachelor of Arts; Business Management