JANE M. SAMPLE
123 Main Street, Edmonton, AB T5K 2Y5
(877) 875-7706, [email protected]
Offering a Proven Track Record of Organizational Efficiency and Productivity Improvements
Performance-driven administrative professional with experience in facilitating support services and office management. Strong organizational, customer service and communication skills with the ability to independently plan and direct business affairs. Trusted advisor, liaison, and assistant. PC Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and proprietary software systems. Core knowledge & skill areas:
- Client Relationships
- Talent Acquisition & Training
- Organized and Multitasked
- Highly Motivated
- Payroll Processing
- Marketing/ Communication
Legal Aid Alberta, Edmonton, AB
Human Resources Assistant (Maternity Leave Position), 2008 - 2009
Developed job postings, administered recruitment advertising and tracked results. Pre-screened qualified candidates for open positions, scheduled interviews and prepared regret letters. Assisted the Payroll Officer with biweekly payroll using Great Plains software.
- Scheduled meetings and agendas as well as recorded and distributed meeting minutes.
- Assisted with developing On-Boarding orientation program materials for managers and employees.
- Contributed to the 2008 staff conference and the Human Resources Advisory Counsel.
- Maintained employee personnel files, recruitment files and hourly time records.
Contract Promotional Representative, Atlantic Region, 2005 - 2008
Effectively marketed promotional services to various clients and fulfilled contracts for major brands and corporations in the Atlantic Region. Experienced with event planning, supervising, independent scheduling and reporting.
- CIM, Retail Development Coach - Provided training and coaching to employees for the Launch of Koodo Mobile in the Nova Scotia Region.
- CIM, Promotional Representative - Executed the Smirnoff Ice "Invigorator" program.
- B-Street Promotions, Atlantic Regional Representative - Executed the Wiser's Deluxe Tour for Corby Distilleries.
- Inventa, Promotional Supervisor - In charge of "The Happy Dance" promotion for Atlantic Lottery Corporation.
- Inventa, Promotional Supervisor - Educated Adult consumers for the National Smokeless Tobacco Program.
- Inventa, Olympic Ambassador - Trained RBC employees who would be volunteering at the RBC 2010 Flag Tour.
- KMAC and Associates, Promotional Representative - Executed "Beautiful Breakthroughs," "Olay Ribbons," "Definity," and "Caring is Beautiful" events for Proctor and Gamble across Nova Scotia.
- Antian Professional Services, Information Officer - Responsible for promoting awareness for Indian and Northern Affairs Canada Programs.
JANE M. SAMPLE, PAGE 2
Indian Brook Band Council, Shubenacadie, NS
Personal Care Worker, 2003 - 2005
- Prepared daily meals, maintained housekeeping and weekly shopping.
- Provided support and kept in contact with the community nurse.
Anything Marine, Halifax, NS
Personal Assistant, 2001 - 2003
- Maintained storefront, processed sales, handled various errands, created and organized electronic and manual filing system, balanced expenses and managed accounts payable and receivable.
- Traveled with customers to prospective point of sale sites for public relation purposes.
- Managed phone, email and fax inquiries and requests and corresponded accordingly.
- Drafted letters to customers and conducted research assignments.
Canada Customs & Revenue Agency, Halifax, NS
Records Clerk, 2001
- Reorganized filing system for regional office.
- Assisted with front desk reception, mail, and assisted other employees with projects.
- Collaborated with Human Resources to develop student tour of CCRA.
Appeals Clerk, 2000
- Wrote correspondence, filed paperwork, and handled other office duties as needed.
- Responded to Appeals inquiries and input data into records management software.
University Certificate in Human Resources and Labor Relations, Athabasca University, 2008
Bachelor of General Studies, Mount St. Vincent University, 2005 - 2008
- 3 years of study with courses focusing in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- In 2008, served as a research assistant for a government funded project entitled "Reclaiming the Past: Empowering the Native Voice through the Construction of Personal Histories."
Outrageous Unstoppable Women's Leadership Adventure, 2002
Youth on Purpose, 2002
References Available Upon Request
Great Resumes Fast is a professional resume writing and interview coaching firm that assists job seekers at every level secure interviews and job offers. They create dynamic, best-in-class resumes and cover letters that consistently deliver results. Great Resumes Fast also offers writers with specialization in Federal Resume Writing, Executive Level and C-Suite, Information Technology, Sales and Management.