19 Region Road, Middlesex, MX8 9HN
MECHANICAL ENGINEER, DESIGN ENGINEER, INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
Broadly skilled Mechanical Engineer with over nine years
commercial experience including five years industrial exposure,
providing product design solutions for a broad range of
international markets. Recognised as a key contributor to
product development for commercialisation, offering design
modification and solutions to improve quality, reduce cost and
improve overall production techniques.
- Mechanical Design Engineering
- Finite Element Analysis
- Lean Methodologies
- Design for Assembly
- Project Management
- 3D CAD and Design Tools
- Research and Development
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Prototyping & Testing
- Industrial Design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Production Engineering
- Finance Management Continuous Improvement
- Drawing Standards Compliance
- Test Procedures
Globe Lighting Engineering Plc, August 2007 to current
Headquartered in the UK with operating
locations in the UK, USA, Germany and Mexico, Production
Engineering is a leading lighting manufacturer with over 1000
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and supporting the
Production Engineering Department, the position of Mechanical
Design Engineer holds responsibility for the design and
development of white lighting products which are used in both
explosive and industrial applications.
- Design and development of products; working from initial
evaluation of theoretical designs through to development
stage, prototyping, testing and then release the product to
various Globe Light sites around the world.
- Perform calculations and CFD analysis to ensure that the
enclosure will operate thermally within specifications prior
to ordering prototypes or tooling.
- Liaison with external suppliers to specify components
correctly and gain appropriate samples and prototypes.
- Produce details of specifications and outline
designs and modifications following prototype test results.
- Modification of product to ensure viability across
pan-European and US markets
- Compliance to drawing standards BS8888:2008, Hazardous
Lighting IEC 60079 (whole World excluding US) & NEC 505
Dawson Manufacturing, 2004 to 2006
Dawson Manufacturing is a designer and manufacture of catering
equipment suitable for a wide range of organisations, including
hotels, restaurants, hospitals, sporting arenas and educational
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Reported to the Design Manager with
responsibility for the design and develop new products, and to
improve current products and test and develop new technologies
working from pre-production through to build and alteration.
- Managed design process from project brief through
to the production ready product including building
prototypes and performing testing and analysis to ensure the
product meets or exceeds specifications.
- Performed design calculations including Second Moment of
Inertia, managed Bill of Materials generation and amendments
as necessary on ERP system.
- Produced prototype models for use in exhibitions and
events including a major Catering Show in London.
- Improved specifications over previous models
resulting in substantial improvements of the material cost
and 50% of the previous assembly time.