2060 St. Martinson Lane, Perfect Town, TN 37162
Home: 619-220-8915, Daniel.J.Matthews@US.Army.mil
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Network Engineer with more than 20 years of increasing responsibilities in technical leadership, computer technology, and business-critical management. Expertise in networking concepts, TCP/IP protocol, and network security; knowledge of firewall setup and administration, VPN, bandwidth management, and quality of service. Proven diagnostic abilities with attention to detail and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated abilities to set strategic direction while obtaining superior results.
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
Engineered design and installation of a Windows 2000 network for First South Bank in Jackson, TN. First South Bank's wide area network extends over 5 counties in Tennessee and has 7 branches. Network infrastructure included the installation and configuration of Citrix servers, a Sonic firewall, 7 Cisco routers, the installation of the banking industry "FISERV" software, and configuration of every workstation. Exceptional expertise in firewall security and the encryption necessary for a secure banking environment.
TECHNICAL CERTIFICATIONS/ SKILLS:
- MCSE (Windows 2003, 2000)
- CCEA (Citrix Metaframe XP)
- A+ Certified
- UNIX/ MS Exchange
- MCSA (Windows 2003, 2000)
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Assoc)
- Certified to repair Toshiba, HP, Compaq, IBM
- User support on-site or via phone
- Firewall installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
Operations Manager, 2005 to Present
- Supervise 49 personnel, schedule work hours, approve leave requests, resolve conflicts, complete performance evaluations, and resolve problems with payroll.
- Manage and provided engineering support for a 5-server Windows 2003 network with 600+ clients covering the entire region of Southern Afghanistan.
- Upgrade and configure network equipment (servers, hubs, switches, and routers) for use on operational networks. Including installation and troubleshooting of Windows 2003 Servers, Cisco Routers and Exchange Servers.
- Provide support in resolving PC, printer and network problems either directly or by phone. Supported Citrix clients while stationed at Kandahar Air Field.
Service Assurance Corporation
Field Network Engineer, 2003 to 2004
- Designed and implemented network infrastructure for clients.
- Configured and implemented Remote Access Solution (RAS): VPN, ISDN dial-up, Fractional T1 and T3 backbones.
- Redistribution of routing protocols and Frame-Relay configuration.
- Configured Cisco Routers (2500, 3000, 4000) using RIP, IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP.
- Configured Cisco Switches (5000, 3524, and 2900).
- Installed and configured workstations for IP/ IPX LANs.
- Installed and configured DHCP Client/ Servers for WIN 2003, UNIX, and Citrix XP networks.
- Installed and configured MS Exchange servers and Veritas Backup software.
Central Texas College
Adjunct Faculty, 2006 to Present
- Instruct military students stationed in Afghanistan in: Personnel Counseling and Effective Management Skills while using audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations.
- Prepare and follow teaching outline for course of study and assigned lessons.
- Record results and issue reports to inform students of their progress.
Information Management Chief, 1985 to 2003
Management and Technology Instruction
- Trained and managed a team of IT professionals of all levels - from Help Desk to Senior Level Programmers and achieved significant improvement in their performance.
- Oversaw basic computer and application training of thousands of users both in the U.S and abroad. Training included MS Office applications including MS PowerPoint.
- Researched socio-economic background of soldiers deployed in Theater and prepared presentations based on findings.
Network and Database Administration
- Maintained both local and wide area highly secure networks for NATO. Traveled to remote locations for network troubleshooting when necessary.
- Hands-on expertise in wide range of servers and operating systems; including Windows NT/2000 - Active Directory and SCO UNIX.
- Designed and maintained Deployed Database while in Bosnia and Skopje.
- Successfully managed Exchange servers including; setup and maintenance of e-mail accounts.
Excelsior College, Albany, NY
Bachelor of Science - Management and Psychology
Commander's Coin of Excellence - Operation Enduring Freedom & In recognition of your outstanding achievements and tireless efforts in support of Task Force 50th Personnel Services Battalion. (2006)
Joint Service Commendation Medal - "For Meritorious Service for the Armed Forces of the U.S., During the Period of 15 June 2003 to 22 October 2003"
Certificate of Appreciation "For Outstanding Contributing to NATO Operations in the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia Whilst on Deployment with NATO HQ SKOPJE, During the Period of 25 June 2003 to 22 October 2003"
Non Article 5 NATO Medal "For Service with NATO in relation to the Balkans Operation, During the Period of 25 June 2003 to 22 October 2003"
Available upon request