5819 Black Oak Drive | Denton, TX 76621
(866) 422-0800 | [email protected]
SENIOR LEVEL OPERATIONS MANAGER
15+ Years' Restaurant Operations Experience | Public & Private Corporations with up to $3.3 Billion in Revenues
High Growth & Established Companies | Start-up Ventures | Turnarounds
Texas Food Management Certification | ServSafe Certified
Participative management professional; results focused, entrepreneurial and practical. Progressive leadership experiences have created a passion for surpassing financial and service objectives via a combination of world class service delivery, lean operating methods, renewed marketing directions, and incentive driven rewards for team achievement. Derive genuine pleasure from transforming high-potential staff into outstanding leaders demonstrating the creativity critical to financial and operational success. Available for travel and relocation. BS, Business Management. Core professional competencies include:
- Multi-Unit Operations Management
- Multimillion-Dollar P&L Management
- Food, Labor, Marketing Cost Controls
- Sales, Product, Market Analysis
- Project Planning & Development
- Risk Management & Inventory Control
- Site Selection & Construction
- Facility Management
- Vendor Sourcing & Negotiating
- Customer Relations
- HR Management
- Team Building & Staff Retention
BROTHERS PIZZERIA, LLC | Denton, TX
(Privately-Held Company; authentic New York style pizzerias with $500,000 in annual revenue.)
General Manager/ Principal (2002 to 2006)
Developed and operated a multi-unit New York style pizzeria. Composed detailed business plan and secured financing from private investors. Negotiated a 5-year lease, construction, and physical development in less than 60 days. Driven by the desire to succeed, took Brothers Pizzeria from concept to creation in under a year. Held full planning, operating, marketing, advertising, HR, and P&L responsibility.
- Grew business from zero to $500,000 in annual revenue within 4 years.
- Negotiated a sizeable lump sum payment and percentage of sales for company's first franchise unit.
- Restaurant achieved a five star rating and was featured in the Dallas Morning News as "A Great Place to Eat Pizza".
- Orchestrated the profitable sale of Brothers Pizzeria in 2006.
PETER PIPER, INC. | Dallas, TX
(Privately-Held Company; operates and franchises 130 pizza parlors in five Southwestern states with $30 million in annual revenue.)
Area Supervisor (1998 to 2003)
Recruited to plan and direct the opening of four high-volume concept restaurants. Managed all pre-opening activities (e.g. site selection, construction, vendor relations, purchasing, equipment, operations, staff recruitment, training) and an aggressive marketing effort. Led franchisor relations, contract negotiations, logistics, and all customer service functions. Handled all menu development and costing. Held full P&L and operating responsibility for 6 locations with 300+ employees; designed budgeting, expense control and month-end reporting.
- Turned around 2 locations with $20,000/month negative cash flow - reinvented business model, introduced storage and prep procedures, tackled staffing problems, and restored to positive cash position within 4 months.
- Increased sales by $360,000 per month by bringing arcade department in-house for 6 locations.
- Successfully managed 4 store opening in 18 months on-time and within budget.
- Improved management/ labor relations and reduced employee turnover rate by 110%.
JOSEPH AMBERLY - PAGE 2
PAPA JOHN'S INTERNATIONAL, INC. | Carrollton, TX
(Publicly-held Company (NASDAQ (GS): PZZA); operates the world's #3 pizza chain with $1 billion in annual revenue.)
Area Supervisor (1994 to 1998)
Led all aspects of operations, including the development of people, sales, and profits for assigned area comprised of 6 to 10 restaurants, 300+ employees and $6.1 million in annual revenue. Initiated and managed event planning/ logistics and kitchen food, supply and labor costs to meet annual operating budgets. Performed monthly financial analysis to evaluate financial position and to clearly communicate expectations and actions to maximize restaurants' financial performance.
- Coordinated site selection, construction, contract negotiations, and staff development efforts for the opening of the first 30 Papa John's restaurants in Texas.
- Authored and distributed company's first ever employee policy and procedures handbook.
- Exceeded aggressive sales goals and revenue targets for four consecutive years.
- Generated the largest daily sales totals ($250,000) in company history at Texas Motor Speedway events.
- Hired, trained and mentored six general managers who were promoted to area supervisors.
- Recognized as "Supervisor of the Year" and "General Manager of the Year" in 1994, 1995 and 1997.
Previous Positions: Training Supervisor, Little Caesars Pizza, Ft. Worth, TX (1991 to 1996); Restaurant Manager, Hyatt Regency Hotel, DFW, TX (1989 to 1991)
IDEARC MEDIA CORPORATION | Irving, TX
(Publicity-Held Company (NYSE: IAR); world's leading print and online directory publisher and a content provider for communications products and services with $3.37 billion in annual revenue.)
Premise Sales Manager (2005 to Present)
Develop and manage advertising accounts in Texas market. Build relationships and make high level presentations to new and existing customer. Personally generate over $1 million in annual sales revenues.
- Ranked 4th in the nation out of 1,000 sales managers in national sales contest for new superpages.com advertisers.
- Achieved the largest dollar amount ($85,000) of new business in Dallas market for 2006.
- Recommended a strategic advertising plan to effectively market the full-range of IDEARC media products.
- Delivered the largest single increase ($48,000) to an existing account in 2006.
- Developed an aggressive advertising campaign that increased top line revenue for major advertiser by 400%.
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS | Denton, TX
BS, Business Management
Food Protection Manager Certification, ServSafe
Certified Food Manager, Texas Department of Health
See You at the Top, Zig Ziglar
Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey
Mind Your Own Business - People, Performance and Profits, Jim Sullivan
One Minute Manager, Ken Blanchard