123 Elm Street, Miami, FL 33183
(305) 555-5555, [email protected]
CERTIFIED ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Accomplished Oracle-certified DBA with expertise in performance tuning, crisis management, and high availability to increase reliability, maximize productivity, and introduce system efficiencies.
ABC Health Services, Miami, FL, 20xx - Present
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Support a five-terabyte data warehouse; play a lead role in enterprise-wide database optimization and instance and resource monitoring. Perform root cause analysis on failures. Resolve performance tuning related issues, reports, and queries. Work actively on new 10g features such as AWR, ADDM, and ASH, performance statistics collection, and fine tuning database wait events. Provide on-call support for enterprise databases.
- Started and managed biweekly optimization meetings with enterprise user groups to address and resolve performance-related issues with a high degree of success.
- Successfully set up a four-node cluster and RAC data warehouse on Linux (Oracle UBL) using ASM/ OCFS2.
- Identified, led, and established automation of repetitive processes to minimize errors.
- Completely eliminated space errors by implementing proactive space monitoring and effective space allocation.
- Greatly improved performance in daily transforms by identifying and reorganizing indexes on major tables.
BCD Financial, Miami, FL, 20xx - 20xx
Lead Oracle Database Administrator (Consultant)
Set up new databases and provided all database-related support for the production as well as test databases for different markets internationally. Performed space estimation and calculation, application installation, performance/ memory tuning, server/ database monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting. Provided design input and interacted with the design team on the best database practices. Evaluated server/ instance architecture, hardware, system specifications, and capacity planning. Managed, trained, and mentored staff.
- Formulated recommendations about optimal storage configurations for senior management.
- Identified and reduced/ eliminated non-idle wait events such as scattered file read, sequential file read wait event, log file completion, in queue, and buffer latch waits.
CDE Software, Miami, FL, 20xx - 20xx
Oracle Database Administrator
Used Explain Plan and Oracle optimizer hints to enhance performance of SQL statements. Performed the user requirements and troubleshooting activities and resolved connectivity issues. Implemented, administrated, and maintained daily backup and archived data on tape. Created user accounts and system-level and user-level database objects.
Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineering, XZY University, Miami, FL, 20xx
Certification: Certified Oracle DBA in Versions 8, 8i, 9i, and 10g from Oracle Corp
Operating Systems: UNIX - Solaris, HP UX, AIX, Red Hat 4 Linux 2.6.9, and Windows Nt/2000
RDBMS: Oracle, V6.X, V7.X, V8.0.X, V8i, V9i, 10g Releases 1 and 2
Hardware: HP 9000 Series, HP Superdome, Sun Ultra 4500/6500/10K, HP DL585/AMD
Tools: SQL*Plus, EM, Grid Control, SQL*Loader, ERwin, RMAN, Tracing, StatsPack, Explain-Plan, AWR, Scheduler, Data Pump, Shell Scripting, ASH