SAMPLE J. CLIENT
PO Box 1673 Callahan • FL 32011
800.991.5187 • [email protected]
RETAIL | OPERATIONS | SALES MANAGER
Client-driven, quality-focused retail manager with proven track record of top performance
Retail leader with profound and broad expertise in every aspect of store management. Critically evaluates and minimizes operational costs in context of store profitability. Creates and promotes caring customer service program for entire staff. Coaches every employee toward individual goals. Establishes retail environment that encourages positive customer experience and promotes realization of sales targets.
Core Knowledge and Skills
Retail Merchandising • Recruitment & Retention • Operations
Store Planning & Design • Team Leadership • Coaching and Mentoring
Profit and Loss • Loss Prevention • Personnel Training and Development
Woodworking Warehouse, Boca Raton, FL | 1997 - 2009
Consolidated Operations Manager • Night Operations Manager • Loss Prevention Manager
Managed nearly every aspect of store operations. Trained and developed store staff in customer service techniques. Monitored and implemented corporate programs in sales, shipping, and merchandising. Directed large store team to create a sales environment that consistently met expected sales goals and reduced operating costs. Managed team of 75, including hourly employees, specialists, and eight supervisor direct reports.
- Known throughout career as a hands-on manager with strong expertise in team management.
- Ensured that employees recognized the importance of their contributions to the whole, and demonstrated to each one appreciation for the value that he or she delivered to the store overall.
- Developed significant reputation for leadership due to excellent relationships with employees and willingness to lead by example.
Sales/ Profit & Loss Management
- Motivated staff to create a clean, enjoyable environment with appropriate product availability.
- Trained register/ cashier staff in superior customer service skills while maintaining highest accuracy of tallies. Promoted drills, competitions, and speed timing tests; two staff members so trained achieved top-3 positions in the district in "Cashier Olympics."
...Professional experience continued
SAMPLE J. CLIENT PAGE 2
Professional experience continued...
- Controlled profit and loss daily; maintained accountability for period-end reporting.
- Evaluated every task in the context of dollars available and product sold.
- As inventory captain, evaluated inventory and ensured availability of products on shelves; created program with other local stores to trade inventory when necessary to guarantee the best customer experience.
- Earned title of special projects captain due to ability to organize and execute large-scale department reorganization, including refits and retrofits for new products.
- As night operation manager, produced safe, clean environment with needed product on appropriate displays throughout store, in time for daily store openings.
- Set the standard for impeccable customer service; trained all staff to excel in customer treatment.
- Turned customer service lapses into positive teachable moments that improved staff perception of need.
- Targeted and achieved weekly "voice of the customer" metrics goals of 9+/10 ratings.
- Coordinated training of each employee with corporate training materials.
- Coached individuals, achieving a promotion rate of ~35% (one to two levels above initial position).
- Worked with vendors to develop product training from product sources.
- Delivered well-executed and helpful annual reviews; developed significant reputation as go-to source for help on review wording, delivery, and execution of employee reviews.
ADDITIONAL RETAIL MANAGEMENT EXPERTISE
As Loss Prevention Manager, first with a PowerShop flagship store and then with CountryWide Department Stores, set records in shrink reduction, safety, and apprehension.
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL, Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice
United States Military, Served in enlisted, active, commissioned reserve officer, and National Guard capacities.
Great Resumes Fast is a professional resume writing and interview coaching firm that assists job seekers at every level secure interviews and job offers. They create dynamic, best-in-class resumes and cover letters that consistently deliver results. Great Resumes Fast also offers writers with specialization in Federal Resume Writing, Executive Level and C-Suite, Information Technology, Sales and Management.