Sales manager resume showing a professional with a track record closing deals and developing new opportunities for business. This resume sample uses a two-column resume layout. It starts with the summary of qualifications, but then puts the "Key Strengths" section on par with the "Professional Profile" section.
JOHN Q. EXAMPLE
179 WESSINGTON PLACE • NASHVILLE, TN 37075
(615) 537-1036 • [email protected]
Outside Sales, B2B, Program Management
Dynamic and results-driven Outside Sales and Territory Manager with over 12 years of successful new business development, competitive market share expansion, and customer relationship development. Leverages finely-honed interpersonal and time management skills to successfully manage a team and increase profitability achieving corporate goals and objectives. Energetic and goal-oriented with a genuine passion for sales strategy and a well-rounded background in supporting a progressive organization in optimizing performance and growth. Astute communicator and presenter adept at establishing rewarding relationships to benefit business growth. Served as part of Capital One's Chairman and Presidents Team representing the Top 10 Sales Managers in their U.S. Auto Finance business (2006 - 2007).
- Sales & Revenue Generation
- Account Management
- Customer Relations Development
- Market Research and Analysis
- Business Outreach Strategies
- Promotion and Sales Tactics
- Customer Service Tactics
- New Business Development
- Competitive Market Growth
- Effective Presentation Skills
- Performance Management
Associate in Arts & Sciences
Lexington, Kentucky, 1998
Leadership, Negotiation, Vendor Relations, Customer Satisfaction, Communication, Interpersonal
AREA SALES MANAGER
Confidential, Cleveland, OH | 2004 - Present
Successfully rose to the top 5% of the company in sales and revenue generation exceeding goals monthly and averaging over 120% of plan consistently as Area Sales Manager for the company.
- Maintains over 100 dealers in the Akron, Cleveland and Youngstown, Ohio markets.
- Successfully grew the market from 60 to 110, delivering exceptional customer service in the sales territory.
- Consistently builds ongoing relationships to strengthen partnership with Capital One Auto Finance.
- Evaluates and coaches other Sales Managers to grow the sales market and increase customer satisfaction.
- Develops and implements sales plans for targeted penetration of the retail market.
- Coordinates all retail sales and promotional efforts.
- Conducts training programs to educate sales professionals regarding products and programs.
DEALER DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Confidential, Lexington, KY | 2002 - 2004
Retained to perform business development and account management in the Auto Division. Successfully expanded account base from 75 to over 90 accounts.
- Exceeding monthly sales quotas on a consistent basis.
- Established and maintained strong client relationships.
- Increased revenue development from 75 to 131% of sales objectives.
- Recommended product ideas supported by the auto market.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE/ CLOSER
Confidential, Nicholasville, KY | 1995 - 2001
Significantly increased leasing program gross profits by 25% and exceeded sales quota by 20 percent.
- Successfully sold new and used vehicles.
- Trained new Sales Associates in strategic sales methods.