June 14, 2003
Dr. Elizabeth Stanton
1283 Gateway Arch Drive
St. Louis, Missouri 63031
Dear Dr. Stanton:
As an Educator for Grades K-5, with proven success improving student test scores in language arts, and working with special needs students - including those with behavioral problems - I feel confident of the skill I can bring to your opening.
In addition to my desire to relocate to St. Louis, a city I have visited numerous times, I can also offer Children's Academy:
- A solid history of meeting teaching qualifications, which includes MSAT and CBEST certifications, the New Jersey Internship Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, and a Clear New Jersey Multiple Subject Teaching Credential which I expect to receive in August of this year.
- Experience in teaching first and second grade mathematics, social science, science, physical education, art, technology, and social skills.
- Expertise in teaching first graders to decode words and to become fluent readers.
- An innovative approach to teaching, which includes incorporating computer skills in classroom work to broaden the knowledge base of students and educators.
- Patience and dedication in working with children from culturally diverse backgrounds; demonstrated capabilities in collaborating with other teachers for success in the educational process.
- Professional development in Standards-based Social Science Training, Lee Canter Assertive Discipline Training, and Open Court Primary Language Arts Training. Professional workshops on language arts, mathematics, science, technology, conducting classes for students with special needs, and social science.
- Skill in planning and implementing lessons that meet all student needs.
Additional qualifications are listed in the enclosed curriculum vitae. If you have questions, I can be reached at the number listed above.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter, Dr. Stanton. I look forward to hearing from you.