(Name of Hiring Manager, Title)
(Name of Company)
(City, State, Zip)
Dear (Mr. or Ms.) (Last Name),
Application for Manufacturing Manager Position
I saw your posting for a manufacturing manager and wanted to offer my candidacy.
From 2003 to 2012, I had positions of increasing responsibility at Hall & Gibson, overseeing 15 plant employees. My day to day responsibilities included:
- Developing individuals and the team to solve operational issues.
- Motivating the team to achieve performance targets.
- Organizing and facilitating team meetings to achieve continuous improvement process.
- Coaching team members to use the process and facilitate problem-solving on the floor.
- Implementing and overseeing safety initiatives.
- Organizing and facilitating work team meetings.
Since the plant closed, I have been working part-time at Tarkin Honda, polishing my sales and customer service skills. I am eager to return to the type of position where my skills can best be utilized. I would be an exceptional addition to your staff because of my demonstrated leadership, project management skills and ability to translate management goals into language that resonates with the team.
Enclosed please find my resume and a list of references, all of whom can attest to my excellence as both a leader and team player. I am eager to meet you and learn more about the position and your company. I appreciate your consideration of my candidacy.