The cover letter example below is that of a new graduate applying for a job as a radiologic technologist. The applicant starts with a strong point of his candidacy by drawing attention to the fact that he already has experience working in radiography as an intern. Although this field may sound boring, the applicant made sure to emphasize his interest and passion for the profession. The second paragraph of the cover letter contains 4 bullets listing key points of his qualifications:
- his well-rounded studies and training in radiography,
- his internship in a state-of-the-art facility where he was able to familiarize himself with top-quality equipment,
- his American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Certification, and
- the fact that he twice earned an award for patient service and care.
The third paragraph of the cover letter addresses how he works in team. The fourth paragraph concludes by reiterating the applicant's interest and asking for the opportunity to meet in person for an interview.
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
(Name of Hiring Manager, Title)
(Name of Company)
(City, State, Zip)
Dear (Mr. or Ms.)(Last Name):
It is not every day you find a recent college graduate with as much on-the-job experience and enthusiasm in their field as I have within radiography. Not only am I passionate about the science, but I also take great pride in my intensive schooling and valuable experience as an AAA Hospital Intern.
I would be delighted to offer these skills and experience to [employer name]. As an institution with the highest of standards, I am confident that I will further your mission and be an invaluable asset to your radiography team. Here are just some of the qualities I have to offer:
- Well-rounded studies and training in a wide variety of diagnostic procedures, including specialty imaging.
- Internship in state-of-the-art facility allowed me to hone my skills on top-quality equipment with some of the best minds in radiography.
- Completion of American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Certification.
- Twice earned patient service and care awards for providing quick and decisive care to patients in need.
In addition to my qualities above, my colleagues would also tell you I am dependable, efficient, and I have a strong ability to think on my feet. For example, a recent patient could not lift his foot for me to get a quality image, so I quickly thought of a creative way to position myself to get a great shot while preventing undue discomfort to him. This is just one example of my creativity and commitment to maximizing the patient experience.
I would welcome a personal interview at your convenience to tell you more about my qualifications and what I can offer (employer name). Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Resume C. Rocketeer