Mr. (Ms.) ________________
Dear Mr. (Ms.) ____________,
Good day. I am writing in response to your open position of Waitress/Banquet Server that is listed on your website. Having worked in busy restaurant and hotel operations that provided wedding services, on- and off-site catering, and fine dining, I excel in providing the best of services to a wide-range of guests, including VIPs.
In relation to the requirements that you posted for the position, please consider:
- Provide high quality service, making sure guest’s needs are met throughout their dining experience: I offer a proven record of providing exceptional customer service, developing a group of clients who request me for both individual dining and catering experiences.
- The ability to help clients decide on their dinning choices/menus during individual and catering experiences: I am a quick study and highly adept at learning menus to help customers decide on appetizers, main courses, wines, desserts, and other dining choices.
- Compliance with all health and safety requirements: I offer a 10 year record of dining service with no safety violations. Additionally, I have helped three restaurants achieve full compliance to OSHA and other regulations.
- Accurate cash handling and order processing: Between fine dining and catering services, I have handled thousands of dollars in cash on a given night while processing hundreds of orders accurately and to full customer/guest satisfaction.
- Two years of experience: I have worked in fine dining, catering, and banquets as a service and team lead for 10 years.
Confident I will make a positive impact as a member of your Wait/Banquet staff, I respectfully submit my resume for your review. I hope to meet with you soon to discuss my possible contributions to your operation and will make myself available at your convenience. Until then, thank you for your consideration.