Finance is one of the strongest industries in the United States. In 2015, finance and insurance represented 7.2 per cent ($1.293 trillion) of the U.S. gross domestic product, employing 6.08 million people. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics sees continued strength in this sector, with eight per cent job creation over the next 10 years, about as fast as average for all occupations, adding 632,400 new jobs. Careers in finance can be financially rewarding, with jobs in this sector ranging anywhere from $85,000 U.S. to $120,000 U.S.
A career in the exciting field of finance can take you almost anywhere. Typically, those pursuing careers in finance need at a minimum a bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution; however, a master’s in finance can provide additional career opportunities, including some of the most sought-after international jobs in business. There are also a wide range of industries in which a finance degree can be useful, and multiple job titles that are open to finance graduates.
Where to Look for Jobs in Finance
The following job search websites focus on finance:
- The Financial Analyst – Originally part of a LinkedIn professional group, the Association of Financial Analysts, The Financial Analyst was developed to provide information, job listings and industry news for its more than 25,000 members. A searchable job bank provides finance job listings throughout the United States.
- Association for Financial Professionals – A professional society that represents finance executives globally. The online job search requires users to register to apply for jobs, but you can search prior to registering.
- Commercial Finance Association – An international trade association dedicated to asset-based lending and factoring industries. Job listings are posted from its member companies, located in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- CFA Institute – A global organization that supports the Chartered Financial Analyst designation. It offers a JobLine database for its members, with reduced rates for those currently pursuing the CFA designation.
- FEI Canada – An all-industry professional membership association for senior financial executives. Its online Career Centre provides public job listings for senior financial executive and board director positions; however, all other job listings are only available to its members.
Finance Resume Samples
- Budget Analyst Resume
- Business Consultant and Wealth Management Advisor Resume
- Finance (New Grad) Resume
- Finance Executive Resume
- Financial Advisor Resume
- Financial Analyst Resume
- Financial Executive / CFO Resume
- Financial Planner Resume
- International Financial Analyst Resume
- Portfolio Manager Resume
- Senior Financial Analyst Resume
- Senior Financial Executive Resume
- Treasury Analyst Resume
Finance Cover Letter Samples
- Finance Graduate Cover Letter
- International Financial Analyst Cover Letter
- Vice-President Finance Cover Letter