6851 Sample Road • City, Georgia 30328 • (555) 555-7856 • [email protected]
SENIOR ACCOUNTING PROFESSIONAL
Financial Management ~ Corporate Accounting ~ Management Consulting
Seasoned financial and management accountant acknowledged for sound decision-making abilities, analytical skills, business acuity, ongoing education, and problem solving skills. Strategic, methodical and reliable; enjoy the challenge of resolving long-term issues, and influencing revenue positive outcomes. Recognized for calm demeanor in mediating conflict, and pursuit of delivering consensus amongst stakeholders with diverse agendas. Enjoy opportunities to think "outside the box" deriving new solutions to old problems through strategic information gathering, data collection, and comprehensive scrutiny. Persuasive and concise communicator; experienced in dealing with all levels of management in varied industries, and coaching subordinates for greater productivity and understanding. Academic preparation includes Certified Public Accountant, BBA in Accounting, and SAP Certification in FI/CO module. Available for travel and relocation.
Areas of Experience
Financial Analysis & Management Reporting • Strategic Financial & Business Planning • Information Systems Implementation • Managerial & Human Resource • Experience Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance • Audit & Internal Control • International Experience • Staff Supervision & Training • Corporate Accounting • Project Management • Budgeting & Forecasting • Asset Acquisition
SAP • J.D. Edwards (JDE) • PeopleSoft • Oracle • Fourth Shift • Timberline • Platinum • Infinium • Business Control Systems (BCS) • Property Tax Management Systems (PTMS) • Microsoft Office and Windows operating systems
Key member of Coca Cola Enterprise's Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Implementation and Compliance Team testing for compliance with requirements of SOX section 404 & 302 and COSO framework. Developed and executed test scripts for application, governance, and access controls including SAS70 attestation and remediation testing. Work with business unit process control owners to identify, document and test controls. Prepared SOX Project Status reports and provided information to outside auditors, Ernst & Young (2004 - 2006).
Management Consultant for Adecco Financial to Fortune 500 companies such as McKesson (Pharmaceutical/ Healthcare IT), Exide Technologies (Industrial Energy) and S1 Corporation (Software Development). Provided financial analysis on Revenue Recognition project encompassing SOP 97-2 compliance. Reconstructed and reconciled large corporate cash accounts, including analysis and recreation of related general ledger accounts spanning several years. Examined Corporate Escheat Property transactions for statutory compliance. Analyzed corporate Employee Stock Purchase transactions, including 1099 activity and federal tax filings ensuring IRS reporting accuracy (2002 - 2004).
Consulting Controller to Pace Manufacturing, a private brand manufacturer for Bristol-Myers Squibb and BBW (Bath & Body Works). Managed all plant accounting activities, including general ledger, costing, inventory, financial reporting, accounts receivable/ payable, payroll, and taxes. Analyzed and prepared State, local, property, payroll, and sales taxes for period spanning 2 years. Negotiated with attorneys and taxing authorities, resolving tax and litigation issues. Managed the acquisition and disposition of fixed assets (2000 - 2002).
SAMPLE, CPA, Page Two
SAP financial software consultant for SAP America's corporate clientele, including Lockheed Martin, Coca Cola, Ryobi North America (partial list). Project scopes involved system configuration, training, testing, and analysis, of financial data conversion from client Legacy system to SAP software. Trained client Subject Matter Experts (SME's) in new SAP processes. Wrote and edited client documentation training manuals. Analyzed and developed recommendations for client process improvement of software utilization. Co-authored release information for software upgrades (1998 - 2000).
Provided financial consulting and audit engagement services to clientele for CPA firm and other clients while simultaneously training as FI/CO consultant for SAP enterprise-wide software solutions (1996 - 1998).
SAMPLE CORPORATION – Atlanta, Georgia
Division Manager – Accounting (1979 – 1996)
Progressed through increasingly responsible positions from Accounting Supervisor to Assistant Controller of International Operations, Regional Accounting Manager, and Division Manager - Accounting for this Fortune 100 company; a global manufacturer of tissue, pulp, paper, packaging, building products and related chemicals, with 700 locations in North America and Europe, employing 55,000 people with $13 billion in annual revenue.
- Directed corporate level accounting activities involving Economic Value Activity (EVA) analysis, capital expenditure analysis, project management, financial reporting, budget preparation, and information systems.
- Led accounting and related information system functions, including variance analysis, capital asset expenditures, audit compliance, internal controls, planning and budgeting, inventory costing/ control, and systems training/ development for 32 branches in 10 states generating $800 million in annual revenues.
- Managed all accounting directives encompassing joint ventures, equity interests, foreign currency conversion, foreign tax and regulatory compliance, letters of credit, bank loan compliance, customs, and inventory costing/ control for Foreign Subsidiaries in Asia, South America, Saudi Arabia, Import/ Export operations, port facilities, and ocean shipping operations.
- Supervised general accounting department comprised of 12 direct reports engaged in accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, state and local taxes, contract compliance, month-end close, annual reporting and working with outside auditors for 30 manufacturing facilities with $300 million in annual revenues.
- Led system analysis of $600 million freight payment system resulting in project savings of $10 million.
- Designed and implemented EVA system to measure project value returns in excess of $20 million.
- Analyzed $3 million claims system, enhancing AR reporting accuracy and decreasing aging by 30 days.
- Analyzed, identified and recommended division administrative cost reduction in excess of $1 million.
- Key member for system conversion from design through training and implementation for 150 locations.
- Developed and implemented significant improvements in accounting consolidation of foreign subsidiaries.
- Wrote accounting procedure manuals for company's CPA firm, Arthur Anderson.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Certified Public Accountant ~ BBA, Accounting, University of Texas, El Paso
SAP Certified in FI/CO Module