1234 ANONYMOUS WAY, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94121
(415) 555-1234, [email protected]
RESEARCH | CONTRACT MANAGEMENT | ACCOUNTING
CLIENT SERVICES | OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
Accomplished, driven, and educated professional with extensive administrative and management experience, seeking a part-time position to maximize research, administration, and/or management skills. Highly organized and effectively manage critical projects while delivering the highest quality possible. Experience in both non-profit and for-profit environments.
Proficient in software programs including: MAS 90, Solomon, DacEasy, QuickBooks Pro, Peachtree, Great Plains, and MYOB.
JUNIOR MORTGAGE BANKER AND BROKER; ASSISTANT INTEGRATED MORTGAGE CORPORATION, SAN FRANCISCO, CA (2006 – 2007)
Provided support and loan processing assistance while learning the business of home financing in San Francisco.
CONSULTANT: ACCOUNTING, FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT & GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS
SAN FRANCISCO AND OAKLAND, CA (2002 – 2006)
Provided needs analysis and support to nonprofit and for-profit organizations.
- Managed both for-profit accounting and nonprofit fund accounting.
- Implemented infrastructure redesign integrating accounting, programmatic and data reporting systems.
- Installed and utilized new accounting software.
INTERIM CO-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
STOP AIDS PROJECT, SAN FRANCISCO, CA (2002)
Reported to the Board of Directors. Achievements include: coordinated agency move and met infrastructure needs with limited funds; implemented successful training program for program and administrative staff.
- Managed competitive renewal process of all City contracts representing more than 50% of the organization's funding.
- Funding: strategizing, budgeting, editing and co-writing all submissions.
- Appeared before the Health Commission of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors.
- Managed legal issues with Board of Directors and Attorneys.
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION & CHIEF CONTRACTS OFFICER
STOP AIDS PROJECT, SAN FRANCISCO, CA (1999 – 2002)
Achievements: Paid balance on all debts, loans; instituted and grew financial reserve; began investment activities. Integrated accounting, financial and programmatic reporting and data collection systems. Discovered $50,000 in undetected reimbursable expenses, and a $100,000 federal contract that had not been utilized or identified to staff. Managed, edited, co-wrote, and submitted winning proposal to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention: funding awarded totaled $2 million. During my tenure, budget grew from $1.1 million to $2.1 million.
- Trained program staff on managing departmental budgets and board on interpreting financial statements.
- Signature authority and lead submitter for (direct) federal funded contracts.
- Managed financial and programmatic compliance on government contracts.
- Identified and researched government funding opportunities.
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
PLANETOUT, INCORPORATED, SAN FRANCISCO, CA (1996 – 1999)
First hire, reported to the Chief Executive Officer. Achievements include: Personally negotiated funding terms with America Online after the resignation of the CEO; drove successful company downsizing and significantly decreased staff salaries with increase stock option offset; coordinated the company's first audit covering two years, completed budget.
- Managed Financial and Administrative Departments.
- Managed staff incentive and stock option program.
- Negotiated and managed contracts with key clients: America Online, Microsoft.
POST BA STUDIES (2009 – 2010)
Post-BA Certificate Program in Statistics, California State University East Bay (2010)
CERTIFICATE, FORENSIC IDENTIFICATION (2009)
CITY COLLEGE OF SAN FRANCISCO, final cumulative GPA: 4.0.
B.A., SOCIOLOGY WITH A MINOR IN WOMEN'S STUDIES (1992)
GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, CUM LAUDE
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION AND LICENSES_____
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION, FEDERAL GRANTS &
COOPERATIVE AGREEMENTS MANAGEMENT (1999)
MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS IN PARTNERSHIP W/ THE OFFICE OF MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET, USA
Training focused on identifying, applying and managing direct (and indirect) federal contracts.
– REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST –