Advertising resume sample of a new graduate seeking a position in the account management department of an advertising agency. Since this is an entry-level resume, it is limited to one page. Notice that the Education section was positioned above the Experience section, which includes all of the candidate's relevant experience, not just work experience.
4235 Taylor Street • Columbus, MO 76918
528.993.9988 • [email protected]
To obtain a position in the account management department of an advertising agency.
Southwest Missouri State University – Springfield, MO, December 2007
B.S Marketing (Advertising/ Promotion emphasis)
B.S. Mass Media, Journalism, & Film
Dean's List Spring 2005
Marketing Researcher, Visit Florida, National Student Advertising Competition, Spring 2006
- Prepared $7MM fully integrated brand plan as part of nation's largest student advertising competition.
- Team placed first at regional competition in Sioux City, Iowa.
- Developed and executed comprehensive research plan including recruiting 120 respondents, preparing qualitative questionnaire for 12 focus groups, and coding research data.
Media Director, Toyota Matrix, National Student Advertising Competition, Spring 2005
- Team placed eighth nationally out of 150 schools at national competition in Los Angeles, California.
- Helped develop $35MM Marketing communications plan presented to Toyota and Saatchi & Saatchi.
- Led team of three in creating media plan comprising media selection, scheduling and budgeting across TV, print, radio, out-of-home, and online.
Advertising / Marketing Intern, Wilks Broadcasting Inc., Springfield, MO, 1/05 – 5/05
- Scheduled and loaded radio commercials for 20 national and regional clients including Tylenol Blockbuster Video, and Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
- Responsible for scheduling more than 500 individual spots across all day parts.
- Wrote three press releases announcing concert sponsorships distributed to local media.
- Developed promotional plans, and helped with all executional elements for three area concerts.
- Worked 12 hours/week while maintaining a full course load.
Customer Courtesy Associate, Walmart Stores Inc., Springfield, MO, 6/03 – Present
- Awarded "four-star cashier" out of more than 50 cashiers for superior performance.
- Selected to serve on store's risk management team.
- Work 30 hours/week during school year, and full-time throughout the summer.
ACTIVITIES / INTERESTS_____
- Gold Student Addy Winner, 2006
- Southwest Missouri State Film Festival, Entrant, 2005
- American Advertising Federation, Member, 2006 – Present
- Marketing Club, Member, 2005 – Present
- Alpha Kappa Psi Business Fraternity, Member, 2005 – Present
- Southwest Missouri State Ad Club, 2004 – Present
- Interests include, sports, traveling, hiking, photography, and the letter E