Resume sample of an Advertising Director with a background leading high-growth and start-up companies. This resume lists six keywords at the top to highlight key attributes of the candidate. Those keywords can also be listed right under the resume title. However, by listing them above the title, they are given more prominence.
606 Winding Road
Alextown, New York 45339
Approach • Needs • Presentation • Overcome • Close • Service
Accomplished advertising professional with a dynamic career leading high growth and start-up companies. Known for strengthening companies to lead in competitive markets and for delivering innovative marketing concepts and strategies. Effectively manage the sales cycle process from client consultation to closing including development of pricing structures and service negotiations. Core strengths encompass:
Key Account Development • Solutions Selling & Marketing • Team Building & Leadership • Client/ Public Relations • Public Speaking • Advanced Presentations • Sales Analysis & Reporting • Project Management • Contract Negotiations
Senior Advertising Manager (1985 – 2000)
CABLE MEDIA PRODUCTIONS, INC., New York, New York
– Animal World, Global Travel, Health Line
- Spearheaded key account development programs that targeted, penetrated, and launched business growth throughout Northeast, Southeast, and Midwest regions.
- Overachieved projected sales volumes for 1999 by 74% with revenues in excess of $16 million.
- Established senior-level contact with 43 advertising agencies throughout New York City and Boston.
- Effectively negotiated and sold 30-second units of commercial advertising space to client agencies with major accounts that included Coors, AT&T, Lucent Technologies, Clorox, and Avon.
- Positioned Discovery Communications as a viable advertising avenue to target viewer audiences inclusive of preschool to elementary aged children, and adults in the 25-54 age category.
- Orchestrated the promotion of in-banner advertising and hotlinks.
- Secured Cable Media Production's first million-dollar advertising sale with AT&T.
- Single-handedly negotiated and closed the network's first on-line deal with Independent Films in 1998.
- Pioneered the organization's cross-channel promotion programs, heightening American Production's visibility with additional coverage in U.S. News and World Report magazine.
- Captured the interest of clients and professional audiences of up to 300, with powerful, invigorating presentations illustrating the benefits and value-added solutions of cable network advertising.
- Created innovative account retention programs to protect key clients from competition.
- Pioneered the development of sales and marketing strategies and advertising plans.
- Chaired weekly competitive meetings to discuss season networks, market segments, and departmental issues with senior management, account executives, account planners and sales assistants through open discussions and persuasive presentations.
- Launched the business growth and development of this fledging network cable start-up company.
- Developed convergence marketing proposals tailored to $500,000 budgets, mapping multifunctional advertising packages that incorporated the Discovery Channel's magazine, website and network.
- Spearheaded the development and execution of Internet based hotlinks advertising.
- Collaborated with the International Education Society on the introduction of an on-line chat room to encourage post-viewing discussion amongst students.
- Technically astute and aware of the network's full product set including software solutions.
- Allocated airtime programming that strategically assigned segmented advertising blocks on a regional level.
Bachelor of Business Administration
PACE UNIVERSITY, Pleasantville, New York
Recognized at 25 Top National Sales Organizations, Media and Marketing Magazine, 1999
Excellence in Salesmanship based on Meyer's Survey, 1995 – 1999
Vice President, American Management Association, 1994 – Present
Heart Walk Captain, American Heart Association, 1992 – 1998
Committee Member, Community Mainstreaming Program, 1993 – 1994
Committee Member and Fundraiser, Americans for Aids Research (AMFAR), 1992 – 1993
Extensive presentations and skill development workshops • Communispond • Speakeasy