AVIONICS ENGINEER – ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR
22 Bond St • Malvern East • NSW 2077
Telephone: +385 912 888 91 • Email: [email protected]
Over 20+ years progressive experience from within the airline industry, serving as an initial apprentice with Australian Airways before moving into a wide array of engineering roles. Through being able to understand the wider picture and with the experience needed to interpret technical engineering specifics, will offer a pro-active and flexible approach to supporting a wide array of flight engineering and operational roles.
- Technical avionic engineering
- Workshop management
- Cargo and logistics
- Repairs and overhauls
- Heavy maintenance
- Passenger craft
- Procedural management
- Compliance management
- Health and safety (OH&S)
- Large scale deployments
- Maintaining documentation
- Quality management
- In-flight servicing
- Staff management
- Pre-flight planning
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATES
- Aircraft Engineering Apprentice
- New Zealand Defense Force and Mechanical Services
- Engineering Diploma - Incl. Applied Technology, Applied Mechanics, Calculus and Principles of Electricity
- Engineering Maintenance for Managers - Lipfield Engineering Force
- Health and Safety Management Certificate - Engineering Solutions
- ISO 9001 Accreditation Certificate - Australian Standards Commission
Qantas Maintenance Support Services (Feb 1999 to current)
Qantas Maintenance is one of the largest, most advanced aircraft facilities in the world, providing premium class engineering standards on a solid foundation of safety, quality, reliability and service.
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
Responsible for the technical aircraft maintenance engineering for the Boeing 747 and Airbus A330 aircraft.
- Maintain and overhaul aircrafts and sub-assemblies in accordance with established maintenance schedules, including inspections, testing, repairs and installations of engine systems and components.
- Certify aircraft are airworthy in accordance with local and international aviation standards.
- Manage the ordering of inventory parts needed to ensure works can be carried out speedily and efficiently.
- Ensure compliance with applicable technical publications through the use of maintenance instruction manuals for the appropriate type/ model/ series aircraft.
- Attend all site meetings, keep up to date with changes in Qantas engineering and procedures, and ensure all works completed are done in a safe and efficient manner.
- Interface with higher level commands, activities, and depots on all maintenance-related issues.
- Reassemble components and check for operational deficiency.
- Ensure that aircraft and equipment maintenance data is collected and properly disseminated, and maintaining a record of all action taken.
- Provide leadership to junior engineer members.
World Aviation Pty Ltd (Nov 1980 to Jan 1999)
World Aviation is a primary Global Charter contractor to the New Zealand Defense Force (NXDF), providing flight services through its Airbus A330-300 operations with an extensive technical and operational workforce.
AIRCRAFT MANAGER - Technical and Operations
Appointed to provide onboard representation on behalf of Strategic Aviation to the NZDF for all levels of flight services ranging from on-board services for upwards to 240 passengers, through to managing technical requirements of craft and overseeing flight plans.
- Organized flight logistics requirements for the carrying of personnel and equipment, ensuring appropriate services were available from pre-flight through to arrival.
- Managed any last minute changes to flight plan, aircraft load balance and trim sheets.
- Planned any required aircraft maintenance scheduling and repairs and provided flight personnel with aircraft technical information including information on repairs.
- Chief point of liaison between the NZDF and Strategic Aviation, ensuring this highly lucrative contract met and achieved service level requirements, and any issues were quickly resolved.
- Supervised cabin crew and oversaw all aspects of onboard customer service.
ADDITIONAL SUPPORTING INFORMATION
New Zealand and South African Dual Citizenship.
Full reference details can be supplied upon request.