Resume sample of an application specialist with several years of experience in the healthcare industry. One good thing about this resume is the fact that it mentions the candidate's knowledge of some key regulations, which emphasizes her familiarity with the industry. Technical knowledge is good, but the ability to apply that knowledge to the employer's specific industry is a definite plus.
Phone • Address • Email Address
A versatile application management professional offers a proven track record of achievement in supporting software design and development, implementation, upgrades, and maintenance as well as user training and support. Excels in delivering process improvements that increase performance and efficiencies. Advances and ensures compliance to safety regulations, including lab safety and OSHA requirements, while using various software to create reports/queries.
Select Career Highlights
- Planned and conducted system testing for all department software implementations and served as a resource person for the department as well as liaison between department and IS for yearly computer system refreshes.
- Proved vital to correcting a problem in matching data types from access tables to EPIC tables; addressed the issue by checking and converting data restraints and parameters to meet the requirements of the new software.
- Provided statistical data needed to introduce process improvements that increased the number of completely assembled surgical trays being delivered to operating rooms from 56% to 97%.
XYZ Medical Center (2015 – 2018)
Perioperative Application Specialist
Completed implementation of dozens of department PCs/systems and evaluated existing systems for quality/utilization to identify areas for improvement. Worked closely with various stakeholders and the Information Services department to gather suggestions and requirements for hardware and computer-based systems.
- Provided support for hardware issues and problem resolution with radiology software and EPIC software system.
- Evaluated software system training material, defined training goals, and implemented training strategies.
- Designed, wrote, and prepared user documentation for department systems.
- Drove compliance with radiation and laboratory safety, bloodborne pathogens, and OSHA requirements.
- Leveraged Microsoft SQL Server, Crystal Reports, and Business Objects Webi for queries and reports.
Company X (2012 – 2015)
Maintained a UNIX-based system, CA7, NT, and XP work stations, and all associated applications; assisted HP and IBM analysts with software applications and hardware upgrades to the corporate distribution system.
- Trained all of the new associates and managers on computer room operations and database functions.
- Monitored all system related functions throughout the center.
- Processed and printed billing jobs, reports, and labels on a CA7/UNIX system.
- Wrote documentation and listed required procedures to maintain system functionality.
- Identified and took corrective action to solve problems with production systems.
BS, Management Information Systems (in progress) – University of State
BS, Information Technology (2012) – State University
Technical & Business Skills
Analytical Problem Solving – Regulatory Compliance – Training & Development – Communications – Oracle/SQL – SQL Query Writer – PL/SQL – MS Office – Project Design & Implementation – Troubleshooting – UNIX/CA7