123 Elrn Street, Bellingham, WA, 98227, 460.555.5555, [email protected]
Analytical and proven professional with extensive auditing experience with notable success in significantly improving internal processes. Expertise in management, programming, and planning of complex audit assignments for listed and unlisted companies. Practiced in design and planning of audit assurance and non-assurance engagements and conducting due diligence.
ABC ENTERPRISES, Bellingham, WA, 20xx to 20xx
Audit Associate II: Oversaw and planned the work of two to three staff auditors, providing mentoring and coaching. Conducted compliance audits for government contractor clients and reviewed contractual agreements to ensure adherence to proper accounting principles. Evaluated the effectiveness of internal control policies concerning the preparation of financial statements and recommended areas of improvement. Analyzed financial statements to identify trends and anomalies in financial data. Effectively resolved accounting issues.
- Entrusted to run audit engagements within one year of hire.
- Ensured full adherence to guidelines affecting Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and non-SEC clients.
BCD INTERNATIONAL, Bellingham, WA, 20xx to 20xx
Audit Associate: Evaluated internal controls and operations for international steel production company with sales revenue of more than $105 billion. Used risk assessment standards to conduct and participate in audits pertaining to internal control efficiency and risk reduction. Prepared audit reports for presentations to management. Tested internal controls and operational procedures company-wide to ensure compliance. Audited joint ventures and subsidies nationwide. Reported to Head of Internal Assurance North America.
- Improved internal control efficiency and risk reduction by presenting valuable audit findings.
- Produced monetary recovery of more than $1 million by identifying errors in contractor billing.
- Increased efficiency and enhanced operations by suggesting contractor swipe card system.
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Completed Certified Public Accountant Examination (Certification Pending)
- Master of Accounting, XYZ University, Bellingham, WA
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, University XYZ, Bellingham, WA
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) - Assisted with member database and attended chapter networking.
- Certified Public Accountants - Stay abreast of current business and economic developments.
- Data Analysis - Capable of utilizing PivotTable and ACL with data analysis.
- Communication Tools - Proficient in Lotus Notes and MS Office.
- Language - Fluent in Mandarin Chinese - speaking and writing.