RESUME A. ROCKETEER
555 Rocketeer Court • Atlanta, GA 55555
800.280.2445 • [email protected]
SUCCESS-DRIVEN MARKETING MANAGER
Maximizing corporate potential by driving top-notch marketing solutions, innovative branding strategies, and dynamic corporate events.
More than 14 years of solid B2B marketing experience, delivering profitable solutions to drive sales, attract and maintain customers, and build a solid corporate brand. Special talent for enhancing corporate marketability through electronic and print marketing tools as well as clear, effective corporate messaging. Stellar organizational and planning skills, as demonstrated in successful event planning experience. Rolled out two large-scale corporate re-branding campaigns. Gained extensive experience communicating with vendors and event support personnel, and effectively managed overseas marketing team. Earned solid reputation for being enthusiastic, efficient, and hands-on. Active AMA member.
- Strategic Marketing &
- Internet &
- Budgeting & Allocation
- Market Research
- Event Planning &
- Direct Marketing Techniques
- Team Building & Leadership
- Vendor & Client Communication
- Corporate Brand Development
- Business-to-Business (B2B)
- Customer Relationship Management
- Public & Media Relations
AAA (formerly BBB, Inc. and CCC Solutions, Inc.), Atlanta, GA, 2002 – 2009
Initially hired into largely data entry position and upon proving marketing savvy, took over all marketing responsibilities. Found innovative ways to market AAA brand, including highly successful email marketing campaigns. Led corporate re-branding after shifting from CCC to BBB, as well as from BBB to AAA. Added full control of event planning to job in 2008. Maintained constant and open dialogue with healthcare and software services groups.
National Events Manager (Healthcare Sector), 2008 – 2009
- Spearheaded all planning activities from concept to execution for events with up to $100,000 budgets.
- Handled all event budgeting, ensuring top quality while consistently coming in under budget.
- Directed event logistics including registration and set-up, travel, hotels, booths, client receptions, guest lists, conference accommodations, presentations, and itineraries, both remotely and on-site.
- Led weekly cross-functional team conference calls leading up to each event, solving logistical issues and coordinating preparation with up to 14 individuals from multiple divisions.
- Established and built successful partnerships with vendors, hotels, event management companies, and production services companies.
- Maintained in-depth project plans including detailed Excel workbooks with continually updated task lists, contact lists, deadlines, and budgets.
Marketing Specialist (Software Services Division), 2002 – 2009
- Spearheaded email marketing campaigns, resulting in more than 80% of software services clients coming in through email marketing channel.
- Orchestrated two successful corporate re-branding campaigns, including coordination of legal name change and new logo with all vendors and clients, new website and marketing materials, internal and external messaging, and internal communications coaching.
- Collaborated with sales team, directors, and India marketing team to issue proposals (RFPs and RFIs).
- Assisted in executing internal and external events, including trade shows, conferences, and parties.
- Created content for corporate website, sales presentations, email campaigns and corporate sales collateral.
"In addition to being highly skilled in her position, she was always a pleasure to work with, as she obviously loves what she does and always has a positive attitude. She is an enthusiastic team player ...but she also can be counted on to work independently, as was proven most effectively by her take-charge attitude in undertaking the re-branding efforts." – Jim Sample, Managing Director, AAA (Former direct supervisor)
Corporate Marketing Coordinator, 2000 – 2001
DDD (USA), Inc., Atlanta, GA
- Handled allocation of $500,000 marketing budget, including advertising, print collateral, trade shows and seminars, and services from an advertising company and a PR company.
- Led company's inaugural email marketing initiative, resulting in considerable increase in customer traffic.
- Organized and executed company representation in trade shows, conferences, and seminars.
- Maintained content for company website, print advertisements, and corporate sales collateral.
Additional Related Experience:
Marketing Coordinator, EEE, Inc., Atlanta, GA, 1998 – 1999
Executed direct marketing operations, including monitoring of in-house telemarketers.
Sales Representative, FFF, Corp., Atlanta, GA, 1996 – 1998
Consistently met and exceeded goals including collaboration with three-person team to reach 115% of annual sales quota.
Freelance Copywriter / Editor, Atlanta, GA, 1992 – 2002 (intermittent)
Researched and wrote direct mail pieces, brochures, business letters, website content, and edited 400+ page technical textbook.
Volunteer, Sample Non-Profit, Atlanta, GA, 2009 – Present
Devoted time to sorting and categorizing textbooks in preparation for shipment to schoolchildren in Africa.
Volunteer, Sample Non-Profit, Atlanta, GA, 2003 – Present
B.S., Major in Mass Communications, Minor in Marketing (Magna Cum Laude)
Sample State University, Atlanta, GA
Member, American Marketing Association
IBM-compatible systems • Windows Professional XP/Vista • MS Office 2003/2007 • Photoshop • Acrobat • Siebel CRM • Constant Contact • Ektron