123 Elm Street, Minot, ND 58703, H: 701.577.8478, C: 701.954.8478, [email protected]
ACCURATE AND EFFICIENT BOOKKEEPER
Dedicated Bookkeeper with extensive experience in payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, data entry, and office administration. Accurate and organized with strong problem-solving skills, extraordinary attention to detail, and willingness to go above and beyond the job description. Experienced in the development and training of personnel. Fast learner with proven adaptability to new technologies and applications. Areas of excellence include:
- Bank Statements
- Expense Reports
- General Ledger
- Financial Reconciliation
- Regulatory Compliance
- Tax Laws
- International Currency
- Financial Reporting
- Deposit Processing
BOOKKEEPER - 20xx to Present | ABC NORTHEAST, Minot, ND
Manage accounts payable (A/P) and accounts receivable (A/R) as the only bookkeeper for a $20 million mattress manufacturer. Match invoices to receipts and check all pricing. Complete deposits and post cash to accounts. Process month-end financial reporting. Prepare reports for the tax accountant and assist the Controller. Calculate the sales tax and ensure compliance with the tax laws of six different states. Continually improve and discreetly maintain 200 confidential employee files. Administer 401(k) and insurance forms.
- Earned a career reputation for exceptional efficiency; seamlessly managed the workload of two office staff members during a difficult downsizing.
- Entrusted to be the only person trained on the OHM system for the management of payroll and accounts payable.
- Carefully managed a sensitive issue; identified employee theft by carefully monitoring petty cash and confidentially reported the issue to management.
- Promoted from an initial Office Clerk position in 20xx.
BOOKKEEPER - 20xx to 20xx | BCD INC., Minot, ND
Maintained contracts for all office equipment and service vendors. Performed utility invoicing for office lease tenants and storage/ leasing invoicing while applying strong customer service skills. Handled real estate property taxes and all related company insurance issues. Managed bookkeeping and updated journal entries. Produced all reports for CEO evaluation. Created 1099s and reports for accountants to review. Conducted bank reconciliation and made deposits. Carried out accounts payable/ receivable duties, and executive administrative functions.
- Produced 2% annual savings by negotiating discounts with vendors. Saved costs by pro-actively searching for and purchasing new office equipment and re-negotiating lease contracts.
- Improved inventory control tracking, invoicing, and accounting by implementing new warehouse computer software (ABECAS Insight).
- Reduced paper and postage fees by changing invoice billing system to one using e-statements. Increased customer on-time payments by creating and implementing finance charges for late payments.
- Cut costs by learning and performing year-end 1099 process instead of using accountant.
- Realized 50% annual savings by securing new phone/ Internet/ cable provider. Increased efficiency and cost savings by using desktop TeleCheck machine for deposits.
ASSOCIATE'S DEGREE ~ GENERAL STUDIES 20xx | XYZ COLLEGE, Minot, ND
MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), KISS, Navision Accounting Software, TeleCheck, 10 Key by Touch