(555) 555-1234 | email address | LinkedIn address
Business Development Executive
A financial expert offers proven success in developing and supervising insurance producers, financial planners, and independent stockbrokers. Excels in creating and executing plans that advance business development, sales performance, and market entry/growth. Known for recruiting and developing top talent through excellent on-boarding, product training, and knowledge share, achieving superior results on a personal, team, and regional level.
Business Development – Team/Regional Management – Recruiting & On-Boarding – Training & Development – Sales & Marketing – Regulatory Compliance – Relationship Building – Change Management – Startup
Select Career Highlights
- At Company Name, met with 170+ advisors nationwide to introduce new Broker/Dealers systems and procedures in order to maximize advisor retention, securing all but 3 of the top 150 performers.
- Led a two-year project in developing/implementing a commission system that provided online access for advisors and enabled conversion of 80,000 client files to scanned documents and attachment to new system.
- Acted as Interim Compliance Officer during an 18-month search to fill the opening; managed a seven-member compliance department in quality maintenance of books and records, achieving zero violations or fines.
- Grew Company’s financial advisor base from 300 to 850 over a period of 3 years; marketed RIA, coached advisors, and led the investment committee in achieving $300M growth in two years.
Education & Credentials
BA, Economics – University Name | Chartered Retirement Plan Specialist | Chartered Life Underwriter
Chartered Financial Consultant and Certified Financial Planner
Active Licenses: Series 7, 65, 24, 4, 53, 63, 6, and Life & Health Insurance
Company Name (2013 – 2016)
Director of Business Development
- Worked with corporate team members to develop needed resources for bridging the gap between the Branch/OSJ service model and the direct to Broker/Dealer independent model.
- Trained advisors on new services, products, and tools while implementing a new practice management module system; introduced buyers and coordinated the business succession plans for five retiring advisors.
- Drove the acquisition of more than 20 new accounts totaling more than $50M in revenue.
- Managed relationships with existing and potential clients to drive achievement of business development objectives; handled any issues pertaining to customer satisfaction to ensure long-term loyalty and trust.
Professional Overview continued…
Company Name (1997 – 2013)
Director of Brokerage Services (2011 – 2013)
- Ensured that financial advisors were properly briefed to achieve superior results by developing and implementing training in all areas related to the Broker/Dealer function.
- Traveled nationwide to build product knowledge and sales confidence for all field sales staff.
- Conducted webinars, led conference calls, and presented at national conferences to educate the company representatives on product feature and benefits, services, and sales strategies.
- Designed and led on-boarding plans to ensure advisors understood compliance and operations systems.
- Analyzed business models utilized by financial advisors to identify opportunities to incorporate additional products, create efficiencies, and effectively market/grow business.
- Introduced a new commission system to move the business process to paperless workflow and reduce both internal and external labor force while maintaining production levels.
Insurance Services Manager (2009 – 2013)
- Directly accountable for the development, market entry, and supervision of insurance sales.
- Collaborated with internal and external sales, marketing, legal, finance, compliance, and product personnel to drive the successful launch of an insurance agency line of business.
- Managed all functions of the insurance agency in compliance with federal/state regulations, including sales quotes, agreements, appointments, marketing, vendor relations, training, issue resolution, and reporting.
- Established performance goals, allocated resources, and maintained the budget for senior management.
- Transformed sales desk to a proactive business model by introducing outbound performance metrics.
Business Development Manager (2002 – 2011)
- Served as a member of the Broker-Dealer Executive Team that oversaw five regional offices; led development, strategic execution, and relationship management for the firm’s largest and most profitable partners.
- Developed and managed a national marketing program that generated revenues in excess of $30M.
- Coordinated and oversaw the educational content of the company’s annual meetings.
Regional Sales Manager (1999 – 2002)
- Recruited, trained, and managed independent advisors, increasing the regional sales team from 47 to 220+ registered representatives (the most in the firm for three years).
- Conducted hundreds of presentations and seminars to train registered representatives and their staff.
- Achieved Top Regional Manager for three consecutive years.
- Led team in generating the highest revenue for the firm (out of six regions), producing $856K in 2000, $1.7KM+ in 2001, and $2.8M in 2002.
Senior Analyst (1997 – 1999)
- Led sales activities nationwide, promoting annuities, life insurance, and mutual fund to corporate advisors.
- Established new analytical process for product recommendations.
- Recommended appropriate investment vehicles and approved suitability of trades.
- Reviewed and approved principle advertisements and sales literature.
* Career Note: Prior experience includes Financial Advisor at Company Name, selling complex investment products to new and existing clientele. Grew book from $0 to $38M+ in assets and generated $350K in GDC annual sales.