15 Charming Street, Saratoga, CA 95070
Cell: 408-555-5555, Email: [email protected]
SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
GLOBAL TIER 1 VENDORS | TECHNOLOGY AND SOLUTIONS SALES
HIGH VALUE TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS, SERVICES AND OUTSOURCING
"Customers Believe in him. He truly becomes the 'trusted advisor' to his clients" - State Manager
Senior Business Development Manager, acknowledged for well-defined understanding of the business-technology interface and capacity to identify and align clients' emerging technology needs with products and services. A successful and diverse background spanning technical, operational management, service delivery, project management, and business-development disciplines underscores expertise in engaging decision makers and devising winning sales strategies and solutions.
Uncompromising ethics and transparent communications underpin business-focused value propositions that leverage competitive advantage via top quality service. Skilled in optimizing teams dynamics, uniting diverse agendas to a common goal, and harnessing strategic and operational drivers to deliver results.
- Business Drivers and Technology Alignment
- New Business Pipelines
- Executive Level Engagement
- Vendor Relationships Business Development
- Contract Negotiations
- Infrastructure Proposal
- Profit Maximization
- Systems Integration
- Technology and Business Solutions
- Tender, Proposal and Contract Development
- Stakeholder, Account and Relationship Management
- Business Value Propositions
- Consultative Selling
- Enterprise, Corporate and SME Client Management
- Operational, Service Delivery and Project Management
- Opportunity Analysis and Qualification
- Marketing Analysis and Campaigns
- Strategic Alliances
BENCHMARKS AND MILESTONES
- Distinguished for developing a qualified pipeline of $52M for a new line of business.
- Won the largest new outsource services contract in Volumable's history, later used as the managed-services flagship and reference company. The $5M three-year outsourcing contract surpassed offerings by prime competitor IBM and incumbent provider HP.
- Gained distinction as a superior business development performer, accomplishing 65% sales to budget from a zero base in just 12 months.
NY UNITED GLOBAL SERVICES, Saratoga, 7/2006 - Present
Business Development Executive, Business Process Innovation
Company: Global Tier 1 leader in document management solutions.
Budget : $2.3M Revenue target
Sales/Deals: $3-2M average deal size, 1-2 year sales cycles.
Summary: Targeted new business in enterprise companies with high-volume, document-intensive business processes to outsource and reengineer services.
Distinguished for developing a qualified pipeline of $52M for a new line of business and establishing the gold standard of prospecting and cold-calling processes later used by Business Development Executives worldwide.
Upon commencement, the challenges appeared daunting. The unexpected departure of the National Product Manager prompted the need to develop a personal strategy and the tools critical for driving sales.
Identified portfolio gaps and deficiencies and joined forces with the National Portfolio Manager to address issues, conduct market research, devise new strategies and produce the marketing collateral, sales tools and templates to support the sales effort for a new line of business nationally.
- Devised business case modeling tool, flexible for use as sales collateral yet intuitive in providing early and rigorous qualification of the business case for new opportunities.
- Streamlined the entire sales process from 14 major phases to 9.
- Generated the largest single-qualified pipeline of $52M, following a 3-year lull with no business closed in the state. Clients included Tabcorp, Smorgon, Amcor, Orica, KPMG, GE Money, Department of Defense and Metricon Homes.
VOLUMABLE, Saratoga, 12/2004 - 6/2006
Business Development Manager
Company: Largest systems integrator with $500M in revenues
Reported to: Sales Manager
Sales/Deals: $1K to $5M, 1 week to 1-year sales cycle.
Summary: Targeted new business in SME and enterprise companies across all commercial verticals, with full spectrum of technology offerings.
Won the largest new outsource services contract in the company's history, later used as the managed services flagship and reference company. The $5M three-year outsource service contract surpassed offerings by prime competitor IBM and incumbent provider HP.
- Gained distinction as the first Business Development Manager to close deals across all seven lines of business within a single plan year - winning the highest number and value of new business for the business.
- Prevented damages claim and demand for refund from a failed citrix implementation. Negotiated resolution of all outstanding issues without extra payment and persuaded customer to release additional funds to successfully complete the implementation.
- Assumed control of a customer dissatisfied with level of service and seeking to change suppliers at contract's end. Prevented loss of customer by building a convicting and credible case for a 12-month renewal with +1+1+1 options. Rebuilt trust through the effective sale and delivery of a major infrastructure upgrade and additional support services.
- Successfully closed $5M, three-year deal with DaimlerChrysler for desktop, helpdesk, and network management outsourcing.
- Outshone competitors by closing $2M+ in new business with companies including NAB, Skilled Engineering, and Fosters Group.
- Delivered 250% to services revenue budget ($8M) and 113% to product GP budget ($712K).
CORPORATE IT SOLUTIONS, SAN FRANCISCO, 4/2003 - 7/2004
Business Development Manager
Company: Largest supplier of a diverse range of business products to the corporate market revenues of $897M.
Budget: $650K GP ($5M revenue target).
Reported to: ITS Sales Manager
Products/ Solutions: technical services, managed services, procurement services, infrastructure products, best-of-breed partner solutions, software and licensing.
Gained distinction as a superior business development performer, accomplishing 65% sales to budget from a zero base within the first 12 months. Later, handpicked to lead bid for the company's largest and most complex IT services proposal in its history that set a new benchmark for the ITS division.
- In fewer than 12 months, provided leadership for many of the company's most prominent and strategic tenders and sales, in tandem with driving new innovations that enriched branding and reputation for quality of service delivery.
- Turned around long-term problematic yet strategic account. Beat aggressive competition in open tender to win back trust, securing the largest tender of its kind for a $1.5M national fleet refresh and network upgrade.
- Released "stranglehold" of several vendors with long-relationships with Merrill Lynch. Within 6 months of establishing trust and optimizing service delivery on a small volume of sales, achieved preferred supplier status for all licensing, including MS Select and hardware procurement.
- Selected to lead closed tender bid for major services and procurement contract for a leading bank - the company's first, largest and most complex IT services proposal ever devised. Winning proposal was later acknowledged as having set a new national benchmark for excellence.
MANUCHAIR, Rocklin, 7/1996 - 7/1999
Propelled start-up business into a flourishing manufacturer and national distributor employing seventeen staff, and gaining distinction for rapid order turnaround and superior service that surpassed larger competitors. From just five leads, grew customer base to 100 regular customers, with larger retail franchises keen to sign national buying agreements.
Despite no prior industry experience and a shoestring budget, jump-started business with minimal capital. Within 12 months, the business had reached $600K turnover, producing and delivering 100 units weekly to 200 independent and franchised retailers.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
University of California
Hundreds of hours devoted to ongoing professional development throughout career via workshops, formal and informal training courses, memberships in industry associations, market research subscriptions and more. Highlights include: Executive Briefing Presentation Certification, VITO Selling Strategy, Strategy - The Art of Winning, SPIN Selling, Operations Supervision and Control, Situational Leadership, Presentation Skills, Extraordinary Service Leadership, and more than fifty technical training courses spanning areas of systems, networks, architecture, platforms and data communications.
For almost 20 years, Gayle has been transforming the careers of thousands and setting resume writing trends that have impacted the way employers think. The first professional in Australia to achieve the Certified Professional Resume Writer credential, Gayle set the pace for her peers, cementing her level of proficiency to be the first Master Resume Writer, Certified Expert Resume Writer, Master Career Director, Credentialed Career Manager, and Career Web Portfolio Practitioner in Australia.