555 Johnson Avenue • West Islip, New York 11795
(631) 555-5555 • [email protected]
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & OPERATIONS / REGIONAL SALES MANAGEMENT
Start-up and Fortune 500 Companies
Results-driven professional with a solid, verifiable career track for successfully propelling industry leaders through start-up ventures and high-growth cycles. Known for delivering record-breaking revenue and profit gains within highly competitive regional markets. Exceptional communicator with strong negotiation, problem resolution, and client needs assessment aptitude. Equally effective at identifying opportunities, developing focus, and providing tactical business solutions. Core strengths include:
- Strategic & Tactical Planning
- New Business Development
- Sales & Marketing
- Team Building & Leadership
- P&L/ Financial Reporting
- Human Resources Management
- Program Development
- Contract Negotiations
- Client/ Vendor Relations
- High-end Technical Training
- Policy/ Procedure Formulation
- Public Relation & Speaking
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
Director of Business Development | 1999 – present
ITS Training Solutions, Huntington, New York (Corporate Headquarters) – $7.5 million annual sales
Joined this start-up company at the point of inception, launching its business growth and development to achieve its current market position as a leading provider of high-end networking certifications in Microsoft, Novell, and Cisco, and innovator of the industry's first Hands-on-Technical Training Lab.
- Established the ITS corporate culture through formulation of company-wide training programs, corporate policies, and sales procedures designed to meet the growing demand for highly skilled industry certified information technologists qualified to manage broad areas of complex networking systems.
- Direct the complexities of business operations through recruitment, selection, and management of six direct and 52 indirect reports that include admissions agents, administrative support staff, and sales teams.
- Penetrated markets that include individual and corporate communities, realizing monthly sales revenues of $400,000 to $650,000.
- Monitor the integrity of a training facility in accordance with established Quality Assurance guidelines to maintain the organization's status as a Microsoft Certified Technical Education Center (CTEC), CompTia Certified A+ Training Facility, and Novell Authorized Education Center (NAEC).
- Instituted New York's first annual IT scholarship program awarded to senior high school students.
- Direct broad areas of public relations efforts encompassing the authorship of promotional copy for publication in leading computer user magazines, group seminars, open house enrollments, and career fairs.
- Facilitate open lines of communication with Advisory Board members and shareholders comprised of distinguished business, religious, and educational leaders.
- Hold full P&L and financial reporting responsibility through floor-to-ceiling expense control management.
- Continued -
Page 2 of 2
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, continued
Sales Manager / Technical Systems Specialist | 1991 – 1999
Durable Tools, Bronx, New York – $37 billion annual sales
Provided strategic direction and management of 12 franchise owners for this fortune 500 company, with global recognition as the leading manufacturer and distributor of high-end hand tools and diagnostic equipment with more than 4,000 dealers nationwide. Achieved status as the first million-dollar producer in the history of Durable Tools, matched since by only six sales professionals from a total of 200 nationwide.
- Directed regional sales initiatives targeting and penetrating single and multi-side accounts that included all major dealerships, state-of-the-art auto body repair shops, and service stations throughout Long Island.
- Selected by New York State as one of four vendors to launch the 1998 roll out of emissions testing systems designed to perform complex diagnostic engine testing, invoice management, inventory control, and accounting functions; collaborated with system design engineers throughout all phases of field beta testing.
- Led franchise owners to achieve unsurpassed sales goals through hands-on leadership and on-truck training in areas of direct sales strategies, client relations, and business management, capturing the No. 1 sales territory position in the United States, 1993, 1995, 1996, and 1998.
- Conducted seminar-format classes to educate potential and established clients on New York State mandatory guidelines, system features and operations, and the long-term benefits of purchasing the missions testing system from a business perspective.
- Managed an inventory budget in excess of $100,000 realizing a 100% Return On Investment (ROI).
- Ring Winner, Top Regional Sales Producer, 1996 and 1998
- Million dollar Producer, 1995, 1996 and 1998
- Member, Durable Tools $100,000 Club, 1995, 1996, and 1998
- Recipient of 27 High-Sales Monthly Achievement Awards, 1991 – 1998
Franchise Owner | 1978 – 1991
Mavro Tools, Yonkers, New York
As one of 1,500 franchise owners nationwide, sold and distributed quality automotive tools and equipment throughout the Long Island region, overseeing all aspects of product inventory and accounts receivables.
- Recipient of 16 High-sales Monthly Achievement Awards, 1990 – 1992
- Rookie Franchise of the Year, 1991
- Distributor of the Year, 1979
Tom Hopkins, Sales Training | Zig Ziegler, Sales Training | Steven Covey, Time Management Training
Durable Sales Company-led Training: Time and Cost Analysis; Projection Management