123 Elm Street • Miami, FL, 33183 • 305-555-5555 • [email protected]
Analytical and detail-oriented Head Buyer highly skilled in mass and visual merchandising. Possess solid track record of simultaneously maximizing unit volume and profits. Demonstrated expertise in evaluating and implementing trends, OTB, sales, markdowns, and seasonal strategies. Proven skill in negotiating the best prices for various department store items.
ABC RETAIL SHOPS, INC., Miami, FL, 20xx – Present
Purchase all special buys for the Ladies Division; manage merchandising buying for the Junior's, Men's, Young Men's, Kid's, Apparel, and Accessories Departments, including off-price and line goods. Oversee all new store openings. Recommend and implement placement of merchandise in all stores, directing the floor layout of fixtures. Determine all sales in collaboration with the company President. Monitor overall and weekly performance of core vendors and key items in order to determine whether to reorder or mark down merchandise. Track the movement of merchandise for all stores. Personally conduct quality inspections of sample purchases.
Report to the Owner and President of the company. Supervise two assistants and advise 24 store managers in eight stores on sales, markdowns, promotions, pricing, merchandising (mass and visual), and operations. Manage the planning, allocation, and distribution of the merchandise to the different stores.
- Hired as a Store Manager, was rapidly promoted within six months to Assistant Buyer, and was promoted four months later to Buyer.
- Built the Junior Department in 20xx from the ground up, increasing sales and customer base by 32%.
- Networked with more than 120 vendor contacts, which facilitated negotiation for the best prices for name brand merchandise.
- Filled an OTB of 1.5 million units for several different departments.
- Implemented special sales such as Back to School, Black Friday, Black Out Sales, and a special after hour employee sale for Christmas every year.
- Instituted color coding by season and special merchandise for all goods to facilitate the markdown process.
- Changed price structure and doubled volume for all departments company-wide for Fall 20xx.
- Doubled unit sales for the Accessories Division in Fall 20xx with a 63.91% markup.
BCD OUTLET STORES, Miami, FL, 20xx – 20xx
Buyer / Merchandiser
Direct enterprise-wide negotiation and the procurement of merchandise, furnishings, and equipment generating up to $1 million in monthly sales volume. Manage vendor relations, ordering processes, freight scheduling, and inventory control for a network of 16 stores and three distribution centers. Supervise staff of six Purchasing Agents and advise store managers on vendor and supply chain issues.
- Surpassed monthly sales volume goals; delivered 22% increase in overall gross margin and 110% to plan.
- Researched new marketing methods and increased impact on target customer.
- Collaborated with Visual Merchandising to ensure effective display presentations at store and corporate level.
- Generated growth and profitability by developing lucrative new accounts.
Bachelor of Science in Fashion Design and Merchandising, 20xx
XYZ College, Miami, FL
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), POS programming (Retail Pro), DOS, CAD