123 Elm Street • Miami, FL 33183
Cellular: (305) 444-4444 • Email: [email protected]
CATERING MANAGER | COORDINATOR
Dynamic and accomplished catering and event-planning professional with extensive experience in social and corporate markets. Notable success in large-scale event planning, preparation, logistics, and production. Client-centric approach; exceptionally well-organized and practiced in conducting business at the highest level of professionalism. Areas of expertise:
- Social Event Planning
- Staff Development/ Training
- Event Catering
- Events/ Invitation Design
- Recruitment/ Hiring
- Preparation/ Logistics
- Operations Management
- Performance Evaluation
- Vendor Negotiations
ABC HOTELS – Catering Sales Manager, Miami, FL, 20xx – 20xx
Oversaw all aspects of high-profile/ large-scale social and corporate events. Served a diverse clientele, including social clients, administrative assistants, business owners, show producers, executive managers, and convention, wedding, and meeting planners on events serving two to 2000 guests. Cultivated new business through comprehensive site tours. Prepared function space contracts; proposed menus based on function type, size, and budget. Negotiated and contracted with outside vendors, including florists, party rental companies, temporary staffing companies, and audiovisual vendors.
- Collaborated with chefs, banquet managers, and convention leaders in planning and execution of highly successful functions.
- Developed floor plans and seating assignments and designed tasteful decor.
- Won several awards including Manager of the Quarter in 20xx and Employee of the Month in 20xx.
BCD HOTEL – Catering Service Manager, Miami, FL, 20xx – 20xx
Executed all catering operations with full P&L responsibility for one of Miami's most sophisticated hotel. Supervised a top-performing catering team of 100+. Met with all clients and partnered with chefs/ banquet staff to ensure seamless operations during all events. Provided valuable expertise for event planning. Planned all buffet layouts and room arrangements. Oversaw all financial details; managed receipts, billing, and expenditures. Ordered supplies/ banquet equipment and negotiated best prices with vendors. Directed set up of audio/ visual equipment.
- Drove revenue by helping to create a full service business center.
- Established best practices for catering operations which are still in use today.
- Purchased $80,000 in new linen for the Banquet and Convention Service Department.
- Helped develop a telephone patch system for the convention service area.
- Created storage areas for convention equipment and a highly effective inventory system.
- Played instrumental role in developing a $4 million convention area with a state-of-the-art amphitheater.
CDE CATERING – Catering Operations Manager, Miami, FL, 20xx – 20xx
Provided exceptional professional coordination and event support for external clients, off-site events, and the Museum of Contemporary Art. Coordinated staff and oversaw multiple events, ensured all departments received accurate operational instructions, and planned for execution. Managed delivery schedules, outside vendor orders, and budget requirements for the sales, operations, and culinary staff.
- Monitored budgets in excess of $200,000 associated with events, and ensured 10% profitability margins were met.
- Prepared written and oral communications to lead weekly departmental operations meetings.
- Utilized Reserve Interactive software in the preparation of all event details and final event instructions.
- Provided pre-event and post-event financial support documentation, weekly budget forecasts, and accrual reports.
Bachelor of Arts in Management & Marketing
XYZ COLLEGE, Miami, FL, 20xx
Associates of Applied Science in Hospitality Management
XYZ State Community College, Miami, FL, 20xx