MICHAEL SMITH, MLT
Phone, Email Address
CERTIFIED MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
A caring and organized MLT professional offers a proven track record of success in contributing to the successful running of clinical laboratories, blood banks, and point of care testing operations. Demonstrates skill in managing compliance, documentation, validation, and quality assurance as well as testing equipment and instrumentation.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Implemented an IQCP and i-STAT program at ABC and XYZ medical centers; headed efforts to ensure users were certified for the i-STAT to ensure the centers passed inspection.
- Conducted monthly audits and training sessions to ensure all team members knew how to answer questions for joint commission.
- Revised and developed SOPs in compliance with CLSI GP2-A5 guidelines and helped train new laboratory employees at ABC Medical Center.
- Gained proficiency in Stago, Sysmex, Cobas, Vistas, Rapid Point, Osmometer, BacT/Alert, GeneXpert, ProVue, i-STAT, Stat-Strip, ABL 90 Sunquest Mysis LIS, and SoftLab software.
ABC Medical Center – City, State (2015 – Present)
Point of Care Coordinator
- Provide technical expertise and oversees compliance for point of care testing.
- Assist with lab computer system, completing regulatory documentation review and statistics.
- Coordinate activities in laboratory quality assessment.
- Run the glucometer, i-Stat, blood gas, and all manual point of care testing.
- Manage the validation and implementation of new testing and instrumentation.
- Perform initial and annual competencies.
XYZ Medical Center – City, State (2012 – 2015)
- Led routine and complex laboratory tests as a generalist in all areas of the clinical laboratory, including blood bank and microbiology; accurately performed a wide variety of blood bank testing and antibody identification.
- Oversaw quality control and effectively troubleshot any issues, including calling the hot line.
- Troubleshot any issues that arose while overseeing quality control on all testing functions.
- Utilized blood bank best practices to accurately perform a wide range of testing, including antibody identification, neonatal crossmatches, and titers; also completed CAP proficiency testing.
- Contributed to calibration and validation projects within the laboratory.
- Conducted inter-laboratory research studies as needed.
- Attended education seminars for advanced training on laboratory analyzers.
- Commended repeatedly for a positive attitude and working well with other staff members; repeatedly rated as “exceeds expectations” during yearly job performance evaluations.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
BS, Biology – University of State
AAS, Medical Laboratory Technology – State Technical College
Certified Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) – ASCP