See corresponding Certified Six Sigma Black Belt cover letter sample.
MICHELLE C. SMITH
Phone | Email | City, State
CERTIFIED SIX SIGMA BLACK BELT
An expert in quality, processes, and efficiency offers a proven track record of success in identifying areas for improvement and formulating/executing initiatives that enhance operational, organizational, and system performance. Mentors team members in industry best practices, Lean Six Sigma methods, and customer service to quickly and effectively address customer concerns, drive regulatory compliance, advance continuous improvement, and create significant cost savings.
Core Strengths: Operations Management – Quality Assurance/Quality Control – TQM – Lean Six Sigma Methods – Project Management – 5S/Kaizen Events – Process Improvement – Training & Development – Customer Service
SELECT CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Improved quality performance and client satisfaction while achieving $2M cost savings by leading more than a dozen Lean Six Sigma Black Belt projects at Company A over the course of 18 months.
- Realized $5M+ in cost savings by establishing and expanding a Lean Six Sigma Program at Company X, training, mentoring, and certifying 12 Six Sigma Green Belts.
- Managed Black/Green Belt projects for Company B that improved efficiency, enhanced customer service, and supported sales teams in generating $700K in add-on revenue for existing projects.
Lean Six Sigma Deployment / Engagement Manager – Company Name (2007 – 2017)
- Launched a continuous improvement department, hiring, training, and managing 12 team members.
- Planned and led process improvement projects while supporting Lean Six Sigma deployments in various business functions, including service management, change management, procurement, service desk, help desk, and client services for clients in diverse industries, including finance, healthcare, and transportation.
- Mentored dozens of Green/Black Belts through the certification process and led Green Belt training course.
Black Belt / Senior Quality System Engineer – Company Name (2003 – 2007)
- Provided Black Belt and quality leadership for a company producing power supplies/systems for telecom and data networking industries; company employed 1,200+ staff worldwide and generated $70M annual revenue.
- Deployed and managed a Lean Six Sigma Program and TL9000 Certified multisite quality system.
- Updated and expanded the company’s quality system and drove achievement of ISO 9000 certification.
Process Improvement Manager / Six Sigma Black Belt – Company Name (2002 – 2003)
- Guided process owners in metrics, project selection, and project management for Six Sigma projects; trained team members and drove significant cost savings for a company generating $20M annual income.
- Created and implemented a balanced scorecard of facility performance metrics to identify improvement opportunities and maintain strategic linkage between the metrics and project selection.
- Managed projects that generated more than $500K in cost savings while improving customer satisfaction.
- Completed training and ASQ certification as Six Sigma Black Belt.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
BS, Business Management – University Name
Certified ITIL Practitioner / Certified Six Sigma Black Belt