1301 E. Debbie Lane • Mansfield, TX 76063 • (817) 166-0015 | [email protected]
SENIOR MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE - RETAIL
PRESIDENT | CEO | CMO | COO
Senior executive with verifiable year-after-year success achieving revenue, profit and market growth objectives. Extensive experience in centralizing national procurement activities and reengineering global organization templates, which required deep understanding of critical business drivers in multiple markets. Highly successful in building vendor relationships that drive cost reduction and margin increases. Led and motivated teams comprised of 1,000 employees and managed P&l. for major retailers exceeding SL5 billion in annual revenue. Conversant in Spanish. Available for travel and relocation.
P&L Management/ Budgeting • Staff Development & Leadership • Sales & Merchandising • Procurement Operations • Category Management • Strategic Supplier Development • Supply Chain Optimization • Marketing & Advertising • Product Management • Operation Reengineering • Performance Improvement • International Business
EVP / CHIEF MERCHANDISING OFFICER, The Homeworld Hypermarkets, Tianjin, China, 2005 – 2007
Leading retailer with 50 hypermarkets across Northern China, generating $1.2 billion USD in annual revenue.
Recruited by CEO to westernize merchandising operations within an autonomously run Chinese-owned hypermarket. Rapidly acquired comprehensive knowledge of Chinese marketplace, and developed detailed business plans to compensate for cultural differences. Held full P&L accountability. Functional areas of responsibility involved fresh, grocery, hardlines, private label, softlines, direct sourcing, procurement, information services, merchandising, advertising, and research. Managed 500 direct reports and 1,000 indirect reports. Reported to President.
Operations Reengineering | Bottom-Line Improvement | Category Management | Market Positioning
- Led the complete reorganization and centralization of merchandising operations in three-month time frame. Reduced headcount from 586 to 323.
- Conceived and implemented a model store that standardized all merchandising flow and fixture requirements, saving company $200,000 USD per store remodel.
- Created and employed first formal Category Management program, monitoring expenditures and supplier performance, improving shelf space productivity, and driving ongoing price improvements.
- Developed and introduced "Category Captain" program that optimized supply chain operations through strategic relationships with key vendors in China.
- Carved strong brand position "Spend Less/Live Better" around improved economic, social, and living conditions in China.
- Devised a pricing strategy that improved competitive position and increased margin by 22%.
SR. VICE PRESIDENT, MERCHANDISING (2003 – 2005)
Hired by CEO to improve sales and merchandising operations for this multi-format (Marsh, LoBill, O'Malia's) supermarket chain with 100 locations. Held full P&L responsibility. Functional areas of responsibility involved grocery, general merchandise, healthcare and beauty (GM/HBC), produce, deli, bakery, meat, fuel Rx, advertising, marketing, pricing, and plan-o-grams. Managed 500 direct reports and 1,000 indirect reports. Reported to President.
New Process Implementation | Revenue & Profit Growth | Brand Repositioning
- Pioneered the development and implementation of industry's first ever "Lifestyle" format rooted in consumer shopping behaviours and "solution" departments.
- Designed a new approach to pricing in conjunction with Willard Bishop Consulting, increasing overall margin by 62 basis points.
- Spearheaded brand centric marketing strategy "Experts in Fresh" focused on meat, produce and deli/bakery. Initiated campaign across TV, radio, billboards, and circulars, improving market share by 100 basis points despite stiff competition from Wal-Mart and Kroger.