JOHN M. SAMPLE
1234 Main Street • Wilmington, NC 12345
Cell: 877-875-7706 • [email protected]
COASTAL ENVIRONMENTALIST CAREER PROFILE
Seeking to Transfer Broad-Based Skill Set, 5+ Years of Experience in Environmental Safety Awareness, and Rescue and Rehabilitation Success into Coastal Education Specialist Position
Results-focused, quality-driven professional with extensive experience in environmental education, safety awareness, and rescue and rehabilitation positions, demonstrating consistent perseverance in the education of Sea Turtle Nesting and Environment Impact. Advanced presentation and relationship development abilities, with track record of success improving awareness of Sea Turtle Nesting Programs and endangered animals.
University of North Carolina Wilmington, Wilmington, North Carolina
Bachelor of Arts, Environmental Studies, December 2007
- Individualized Environmental Specialization Option.
- Related Coursework: Geographic Information Systems, Natural Resource Economics, Hazardous Waste Operations, Emergency Response and Environmental Law.
- Semester Abroad: University of Newcastle, New South Whales, Australia; Spring Semester 2007.
Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center, Topsail Beach, NC
Internship, May 2006 – August 2007
- Rehabilitated and released over 20 threatened and endangered sea turtles back into the wild.
- Provided educational tours for over 300 daily visitors focusing on the health and treatment methods of turtles dramatically increase local awareness.
- Interacted with turtles daily while providing food and treatment to turtles located in the center.
- Assisted with the creation, development, and implementation of the Topsail Beach Sea Turtle Nesting Program.
- Monitored 15 miles of beach for nesting sea turtles during the dredging program.
Eagle Scout, Topsail Beach, NC
- Created, developed, and implemented Chesapeake Bay environmental safety awareness project.
- Distributed educational pamphlets raising awareness about environmental impacts on the Chesapeake Bay from dumping yard waste and trash down storm drains.
- Labeled storm drains "Do Not Dump" and "Chesapeake Bay Drainage" to remind citizens of their responsibility to protect the local environment.
JOHN M. SAMPLE, Page 2
Tony's Corvette Shop, Gaithersburg, MD
Car Detailer and Parts Cleaner, April 2003 – Present
Breezeway Motel and Restaurant, Topsail Beach, NC
Line Cook, May 2003 – November 2007
Spinnaker Surf and Sport, Surf City, NC
Sales Representative, May 2005 – August 2005
Bryson's and Associates, Surf City, NC
Housing Maintenance, May 2004 – August 2004
Head Lacrosse Coach, March 2006 – May 2006
Williston Middle School, Wilmington, NC
- Coached 35 middle school students to a winning record season and playoff appearance.
- Assistant coach the previous two years.
After School volunteer for at-risk students, Oct. 2006 – Dec. 2006
Family Services, Williston Middle School, Wilmington, NC
Great Resumes Fast
is a professional resume writing and interview coaching firm that assists job seekers at every level secure interviews and job offers. They create dynamic, best-in-class resumes and cover letters that consistently deliver results. Great Resumes Fast also offers writers with specialization in Federal Resume Writing, Executive Level and C-Suite, Information Technology, Sales and Management.