PO Box 251 • Chackbay, FL 44958
974.644.4841 • [email protected]
Washington & Lee University – Lexington, VA, June 2006
Bachelor of Arts in Economics
Overall GPA 3.1/4.0
Dean's List: Winter 2006
Chairman, Ducks Unlimited Chapter, Washington & Lee, 2004 – 2006
Non-profit national organization promoting wetlands conservation.
- Raised more than $8,500 at annual DU Banquet, highest chapter total in last 10 years and more than any other Virginia college organization.
- Planned, organized and executed all aspects of the banquet attended by 70 students.
- Contacted 50 local businesses, securing cash or in-kind donations from more than 20 sponsors.
- Overhauled entire organizational structure, creating first-ever steering committee of eight, and establishing succession plan for underclass members.
Accounting Intern, Carter, Belcourt & Atkinson, CPAs, Lakeland, FL, Summer 2004
- Researched four industries including coal, oil, construction, and lumber to provide forecast summaries used for new business pitches.
- Wrote company's college recruiting brochure produced and distributed at career fairs statewide.
- Confirmed accuracy of general accounts for several firm clients.
Regional Treasurer, Washington & Lee Mock Convention, 2005 – 2006
90% of student body participates in this 150-year-old tradition to predict presidential nominee before the primaries.
- Selected to oversee 11 state treasurers representing the Midwest.
- Raised and dispersed more than $6,000 in funds.
- Provided solicitation templates sent to government officials and corporations across the country.
- Convention of 1800 students accurately predicted John Kerry as Democratic nominee in January 2006.
Chief of Staff / Director of Fundraising, College Republicans, Washington & Lee, 2004 – 2006
- Selected to serve on executive board of four representing group of 700 students - largest state chapter.
- Instituted first-ever letter writing campaign generating $4000 - exceeding all Virginia chapters combined.
- Planned and organized 10 campus-wide events attended by hundreds of students.
Office Assistant, Insurance Office of America, Inc., Altamonte Springs, FL, Summer 2005
ACTIVITIES / INTERESTS
- Chairman, Club 3:30, 2004 – 2006: supervised an after school program for up to 30 kids.
- Member, Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity, 2003 – 2006
- Member, Pi Kappa Alpha Social Fraternity, 2005 – 2006
- Cub Scout Den Leader, Pack 180, 2004 – 2006
- Eagle Scout – Bronze and Gold Palms, Senior Patrol Leader
- Interests include reading, soccer, Civil War history, and fishing.