123 Elm Street ~ High Point, NC 27263 ~ 336-555-5555 ~ [email protected]
Results-driven and team-oriented leader whose accomplishments reflect superior business acumen, financial development skills, and a demonstrated commitment to organizational growth. Expert in analyzing existing operations and implementing effective systems, strategies, and processes to improve organizational performance and profitability. Created comprehensive business plans that demonstrated outstanding short-term and long-term ROI. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
ABC Parcel Service, High Point, NC, 20xx – Present
WEST REGION CONTROLLER
Manage all finance and accounting activities for the West Region, consisting of 13 states and nine districts. Direct team of over 220 district controllers, office managers, supervisors, and administrative employees. Develop business planning strategies to reach revenue goal of over $7 billion while controlling a $4 billion expense budget. Maintain full adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley standards. Oversee activities related to payroll, tax, account payables/ receivables, and customer billing. Ensure District Controllers continually meet with sales to focus on business growth by soliciting numerous and profitable packages from customers. Forecast weekly costs, and determine areas for immediate cost improvement on daily basis.
- Generated over $10 million in cost savings in 20xx by constantly identifying expense reduction opportunities: Realigned jobs to reduce staffing, controlled travel expenditures, eliminated/ delayed capital projects, and ensured managers maximized performance of hourly employees.
- Reduced need for over 120 part-time employees. Routed packages through facilities with automated scanners, rather than using manual labor to measure packages.
- Implemented effective controls and procedures that ensured districts do not exceed CAPEX plans.
BCD Solutions, High Point, NC, 20xx – 20xx
AMERICAS REGION CONTROLLER
Oversaw finance and accounting personnel in Canada, United States, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean, managing revenues totaling $1.7 billion. Traveled frequently throughout territories to establish controls and ensure full compliance with UPS reporting and accounting procedures.
- Successfully integrated all areas of finance and accounting during the UPS acquisition of Menlo Logistics in 2005; identified and eliminated duplicate and redundant jobs.
- Developed a highly effective method to forecast revenue and cost on a weekly basis.
CDE Services, High Point, NC, 20xx – 20xx
SOUTHWEST REGION CONTROLLER COORDINATOR (20xx – 20xx)
Merged financial data of six domestic districts, totaling more than $5 billion in annual revenue and $3.5 billion in annual expenses. Ensured monthly accounting and reporting was completed in an accurate and timely manner.
POST PROFITABILITY CONTROLLER (20xx – 20xx)
Analyzed profitability of the top 50 accounts to determine best strategies for improving each customer's spending and revenue generation. Worked closely with sales and operations to ensure profitability strategies were successfully executed.
Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, California State University, Long Beach, CA