JOHN S. SAMPLE
2354 Main Street Southeast, Every Day Park, Georgia 12345
(877) 875-7706 - Phone, (904) 239-3165 - Fax, [email protected]
CORPORATE RECRUITER PROFILE
Self-motivated, dynamic management professional with diverse credentials which combine solid, tactical leadership and human resources expertise with a strong business background, an ability to work collaboratively, and a commitment to achieving corporate goals. Results-driven manager with the proven ability to motivate personnel to reach desired individual and regional specific company objectives, and dedicated to maximizing profits, providing impeccable customer services, and creating an atmosphere of exceptional employee morale.
STRENGTHS & CORE COMPETENCIES
- Persuasive, solution-oriented communicator with highly effective motivational skills.
- Superior ability to assemble talented teams and devise effective recruiting strategies, coupled with strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of the importance of accurate, detailed reports and plans, with a strong working knowledge of business analysis techniques.
- Experienced in evaluating and creating budgets and profit & loss statements, with an exceptional understanding of how to bring profitability and success to an organization.
- Strategic thinker with a proven track record of developing and implementing effective marketing plans, creating solid strategic alliances, and consistently meeting deadlines and objectives.
- Outstanding ability to efficiently and profitably manage day-to-day individual business operations as well as multiple locations and territorial/ regional operations.
TRAVELCENTERS of AMERICA, Westlake, Ohio, 04/2002 to 06/2009
Corporate Recruiter - Southeast and Texas Regions, Atlanta, Georgia, 04/2005 - 06/2009
Maintained full accountability for the effective and efficient staffing of 37 locations in 13 states with shop general managers, assistant managers, technicians, truck service advisors, and inventory control personnel. Acted as primary liaison between corporate headquarters and site operations, including overseeing business and financial operations and performing a variety of proactive recruiting and human resources functions.
- Decreased turnover rate from 119% in 2004 to 90% in 2005, 79% in 2006, 74% in 2007, and to an all-time low of 55% in 2008 for the Southeast region through the development and implementation of retention plan designed to effectively teach managers how to deal with difficult employees and curb negative behavior.
- Diversified the Southeast region with shop personnel while maintaining a 100% staffing percentage for Field and Shop General Managers, 96% for inventory control personnel, 95% for mechanics, and 93% for service advisors, as well as supporting 8 managers in the MIT program.
- Proactively promoted and superintended employee training to 92% completion of required training courses for all Southeast region locations in 2006, 2007, and 2008.
- Assessed and oversaw financial operations, including the facilitation of new marketing strategies and business activities resulting in EBITDA of $15.5 million in 2006, $18.2 million in 2007, and $22.3 million in 2008 for the Southeast region.
- Aided in the implementation of a "New Hire" follow-up program to better retain new employees, and conducted weekly follow-ups with field and site management to determine the effectiveness of recruiting and retention plans.
- Created opportunities for strategic alliances, collaborations, and partnerships with colleges, trade schools, and technical schools, including presenting several expositions establishing a recognizable "employer of choice" reputation for the company.
JOHN S. SAMPLE, (877) 875-7706 - Phone
Served on Advisor Board of Wyo-Tech, NADC, Lincoln Technical Institute, Atlanta Technical College, NASCAR Technical Institute, Universal Technical Institute, and others to assist them with placing students and graduates and provide meaningful employer/ marketplace input into educational programs.
Restaurant General Manager, Duncan, South Carolina, 10/2004 - 04/2005
Directed daily business operations, including supervising assistant managers and hourly staff and providing customer service and problem resolution.
- Oversaw and analyzed budget and profit & loss statements, assertively developed new business opportunities, and implemented corporate business strategies while maintaining compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Hired, developed, trained, and disciplined staff while actively taking steps to improve employee morale and instill knowledge of company history, culture, identity, goals, and service expectations to team.
Retail Store & Motel General Manager, Duncan, South Carolina, 04/2002 - 10/2004
Managed all operations of both retail store and motel, maintaining Choice Hotel and TravelCenters of America standards.
- Directed marketing efforts to increase retail business, oversaw budget and profit & loss statements, proactively developed new business opportunities, and set goals for all retail and motel departments.
- Initiated computerized billing and reservations systems, conducted regular audits and oversaw cash management, and maintained inventory control with quarterly and monthly cycle counts.
- Supervised assistant managers and hourly staff, including hiring, scheduling, and developing team members and conducting regular performance appraisals.
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX, Phoenix, Arizona, 06/2008 to Present
Online Instructor, Part-time
Foster the development of a cooperative and collaborative learner-centered environment while teaching discipline, specific theory and focus on application to professional practice.
- Clearly communicate high expectation and encourage learners to take responsibility for their own learning, and demonstrate respect for the student in personal conduct and effective management of the online classroom.
- Utilize multiple instructional methods and techniques in recognition of different learning styles and perceptual modes of learning, including making appropriate formative and summative assessments of student learning.
- Grade assignments and provide detailed, specific, and timely performance feedback on a regular basis to acknowledge both strengths and areas for improvement.
SPEEDWAY SUPERAMERICA, Greenville, South Carolina, 07/2000 to 04/2002
Store General Manager
Directed day-to-day retail store activities, including overseeing staff and business operations.
K-MART CORPORATION, Anderson, South Carolina, 02/1998 to 07/2000
Assistant Store Manager - Softlines
Aided in the daily management of retail operations, including business activities and staff supervision.
Master of Business Administration with a Minor in International Business, May 2006
GARDNER-WEBB UNIVERSITY, Boiling Springs, North Carolina
Bachelor of Science in Physical Education with a Minor in Business Administration, May 1997
Great Resumes Fast
is a professional resume writing and interview coaching firm that assists job seekers at every level secure interviews and job offers. They create dynamic, best-in-class resumes and cover letters that consistently deliver results. Great Resumes Fast also offers writers with specialization in Federal Resume Writing, Executive Level and C-Suite, Information Technology, Sales and Management.