123 Elm Street • Bennington, VT, 05201
H: 802.555.5555 • C: 803.444.4444 • [email protected]
Analytical credit expert with nearly seven years of experience in the financial services industry. Skilled verbal and written communicator who negotiates relationship-building business agreements with win-win scenarios. Extremely adept at quantitative analysis and client relations. Proven ability to provide cost-saving evaluations by applying detail-oriented mindset. Known for supervising simultaneous projects in high-pressure environments with professionalism and poise. Proficient in adapting to new procedures as business climate changes. Core competencies include:
Risk Analysis, Credit Evaluation, Customer Service, Logistical Planning, Banking, Asset-Based Lending, Reasoning, Exit Strategy, Researching, Client Relations, Training, Workout Situations, Billing and Collections, Loan Servicing
CREDIT ANALYST, ABC LLC, Bennington, VT, 20XX – 20XX
Accurately and efficiently evaluated credit applications for asset-based lending and financial services division. Reported to division's President, interfaced with senior-level internal/ external contacts, and organized customer service requests regarding ABC's asset-based lending products/ services. Performed accounts receivable tasks such as posting and reconciling cash receipts, handling client billing, and printing and distributing weekly financial reports. Resolved short-paid and past due invoices with clients and account debtors. Registered and updated client information in ABC database systems. Researched industry sectors concerning ABC clients and account debtors. Reviewed clients and account debtors for creditworthiness. Investigated clients for financial crimes.
- Increased revenue from $7 million (20xx) to $19 million (20xx) by determining credit limits for existing/ new clients.
- Ensured that at least 82% of invoices were paid in less than 60 days while monitoring accounts receivable balance of more than $50 million. Prevented write-offs by negotiating successful buyouts and payment plans with delinquent clients.
- Boosted company performance by recommending Aquent create digital archive of company's loan contracts and invoices, revise application process, and develop customized exit strategies for each client. Enhanced integrity of financial data by devising new procedures for handling document changes to client records.
- Sustained low credit application processing time while protecting company from higher risk. Decreased company's risk exposure by creating procedures for client portfolio review and conducting review every six months.
CREDIT RISK ANALYST, BCD CORPORATION, Bennington, VT, 20XX – 20XX
Managed a $35 million credit portfolio and 1,400 clients across the Northeastern United States. Analyzed client credit requests and establish credit lines. Utilized Moody KMV, NACM, D&B, Equifax, Experian, direct references, and trade sources for recommendations in excess of authority. Collaborated closely with clients to acquire necessary collateral; mitigated risk by using Ingram Micro end-user finance alternatives in the event of an insupportable request. Worked closely with a team of credit operation associates to address any credit resolutions within the portfolio. Liaised between client, sales, financial alternative, legal, and customer service organizations to ensure success. Traveled to client sites to cultivate relationships and maximize additional opportunities.
- Retained a compliance level at or above 80%.
- Met or exceeded all of the organization's expectations and metrics for CR-increase requests and bad debt.
- Realized an approval rate of 78% and accomplished 64 reviews.
- Extended $7.7 million in credit with bad debt of just 3%.
- Acquired all necessary collateral in critical areas of accounts.
Bachelor of Arts, Economics/ Legal Studies, Brandis University – Waltham, MA
Licensure and Professional Training includes: Series of 6 and 63 Licences; CFA Loan Documentation Program; IFA Underwriting and Credit Analysis Program; IFA Exit Strategy Program
Technical Skills include: MS Dynamics Accounting Systems; Office, Word, Excel, and Access; FileMaker Pro; Oracle Financial Management Applications; QuickBooks; Dun & Bradstreet Systems; iLien Online; Experian; Equifax Systems