2100 Main St. • Dallas, TX 00000
888-777-7777 • [email protected]
CRISIS INTERVENTION | SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR
Immaculata College, Immaculata, PA
Master of Arts – Counseling Psychology – GPA 4.0
Long Island University – C.W. Post Center, Greenvale, NY
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Graphic Arts / Design
University of North Texas, Denton, TX
Immaculata College, Immaculata, PA
Introduction to Substance Abuse Education & Counseling
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
More than 8 years of psycho educational counseling experience including: Domestic Violence, Crisis Intervention, Substance Abuse, as well as that required in an educational/ classroom environment. A number of methods are employed to enable people to respond to their problems, develop good coping skills, support structure and character.
PSYCHO EDUCATIONAL COUNSELING AND ASSESSMENT
- Counseled children, adolescents and adults individually and in group sessions at Charter Grapevine Behavioral Health, an 80 bed in-patient/ out-patient facility.
- Highly skilled in conducting in-take assessment, adept at writing reports and plans in relation to patient treatment.
- Provided group substance abuse counseling to clients under court imposed conditions of probation or supervised release.
- Instituted a 16-week Domestic Violence model and conducted sessions providing crisis intervention, safety planning, and referred clients to social service agencies.
- Provided problem solving advice, information and referral, education and prevention for people in crisis.
- Developed individual educational program for students at different learning ability levels, including educable, trainable and severely impaired and encouraged activities to promote their physical, mental and social development.
- Planned curriculum and prepared lessons to meet individual needs of students.
Saint Bernadette Academy, Keller, TX
Teacher (Elementary thru Middle School Grades), 2001 to 2006
- Experience in all levels of instruction from Kindergarten thru 8th grade.
- Planned curriculum, prepared lessons and other instructional materials according to achievement levels of students.
Friends of the Family, Inc., Lewisville, TX
Domestic Violence Counselor, 2000 to 2001
Kennett Independent School District, Kennett, PA
Special Education Aide, 1998 to 1999
Instructed Special Needs student to improve sensory-motor and perceptual-motor development, perception, memory, language, cognition, social and emotional development.
Carroll Independent School District, Southlake, TX
Special Education Aide, 1994 to 1995
Instructed Autistic Student to improve sensory-motor and perceptual-motor development, perception, memory, language, cognition, social and emotional development.
Charter Grapevine Behavioral Health, Grapevine, TX
Northwestern Human Services West, Chester, PA
CONTACT, Wilmington, Delaware (1998 – 1999)
Provided the highest quality telephone counseling, crisis intervention, information and referral, education and prevention services for persons in crisis and for persons in need of listening services.
"Ima substituted for our special education teachers at elementary and preschool levels and did a terrific job!" "Ima Job-Hunter has been a knowledgeable, capable and flexible teacher." (Joanne C. Wells, Asst. Principal)
"She presents as one with extreme professional qualities, and the ability to work well with children in grades K-5." (Sady D. Wilson, Asst. Principal)
"She writes flawlessly, speaks fluently and approaches challenges creatively." (Agnes Huff, IHM, Ph.D. – Professor of Psychology)
REFERENCES: Available upon request