123 Elm Street • Miami, FL 33183
305-555-5555 • [email protected]
EFFICIENT AND PRECISE DATABASE ADMINISTRATION
Technically adept database administrator with an impressive history of creating and implementing innovative database solutions. Technology consultant talented at identifying emerging technologies that fully leverage the capabilities of existing databases. Strategist with the business savvy to improve operating efficiencies through technical improvements.
Database Administrator – ABC Company – Miami, FL (20xx – 20xx): Supported over 50 production instances and enterprise databases consisting mainly of HP servers on UNIX. Conferred closely with the Data Warehousing Team involved in Oracle applications implementation. Identified and tuned the resource intensive applications and routines that influenced the database performance. Configured and administered distributed databases. Created, maintained, and troubleshot refreshing problems with snapshots. Worked with a terabyte data warehouse, supported very busy OLTP systems, and developed backup policy implementation for RMAN. Utilized data warehouse concepts and features such as dimensions and fact tables, star query and star schema, sorting, table spaces, bitmap indexes, and parallel query.
- Played an active role in monitoring the overall performance and tuning the various performance bottlenecks.
- Increased performance by eliminating contention factors like I/O, buffers, locks, and latches in the database.
- Handled security issues concerning creating and administering roles, object and system privileges for users, user account creation, and maintenance.
- Performed network connectivity troubleshooting involving TNSNAMES, LISTENER.ORA, and SQL*NET.
- Taught in database training programs for users and developers on Oracle Database related topics.
- Served as part of an after-hours on-call support team for over 50 production databases.
Database Administration Consultant – THE BCD GROUP – Miami, FL (20xx – 20xx): Designed, implemented, and documented database upgrade procedures. Supported a 24x7 production environment. Built and upgraded PC computer systems. Installed Windows in single-boot and dual-boot configurations.
Database Administrator – CDE ONLINE – Miami, FL (20xx – 20xx): Installed and configured the Informix production environment. Provided database administration, backup, recovery, security, monitoring, and tuning in a 24 x 7 production environment. Performed database physical and logical design.
- Planned and executed both data and database migration.
- Automated DBA tasks utilizing SQL and UNIX shell scripting.
- Designed and developed a user interface.
- Earned a reputation as the go-to person for Informix.
Operating Systems: UNIX; Windows NT, XP, 2000
Software: MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Languages: SQL; exposure to UNIX scripting
Hardware: Expertise in configuring and installing PC components
Database Management: Informix 5.xx to 9.2x
Readily master new technologies.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
XYZ COMPUTER INC. – Miami, FL
Computer Science Diploma, 20xx
Emphasis on C, C++, UNIX, and the SQL environment