JANE M. SAMPLE
PO Box 440612 • Jacksonville, FL 32222
(877) 875-7706 • [email protected]
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- CERTIFIED DENTAL ASSISTANT with over eight years experience assisting with direct patient care, routine laboratory functions and patient record and office management.
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistance program certification through Nova Southeastern University.
- Certified in CPR and Radiology, with expanded expertise in digital radiography.
- Sound knowledge of clinical procedures and dental/ medical terminology.
- Special expertise in patient management and making patients of all ages feel as relaxed and comfortable as possible, relieving any anxiety or tension they might have. Skilled working with handicapped and other special needs patients.
DENTAL HEALTHCARE EXPERIENCE
DENTAL ASSISTANT, 11/2008 to Present
Logistics Health Inc. / Complete Mobile Dentistry
- Conduct medical readiness assessments for deploying military personnel.
- Complete cursory exams, charting, digital radiographs and clinical treatments.
DENTAL ASSISTANT, 12/2008 to Present
All About Smiles Family Dentistry, St. Augustine, FL
- Perform general chair-side duties and assist with all types of procedures including General, Endo and Oral surgery.
- Utilize proficient knowledge of digital radiology to take digital X-rays.
DENTAL ASSISTANT / DENTAL LABORATORY ASSISTANT, 8/2008 to 3/2009
Dental Temps of Northeast Florida, Jacksonville, FL (Temporary position)
Precision Dental Studio, Jacksonville, FL (Temporary position)
- Executed general dental laboratory functions, including pouring moulds, trim models and mount bite articulators.
- Processed case instructions from laboratory prescriptions.
LEAD DENTAL ASSISTANT, 1996 – 2002
Island Dental Associates, Key West, FL
- Managed dental assistant staff, scheduling, treatment planning, collections, billing, insurance and office management. Also proficient with Dentrix software.
- Specialized in the assisting of Periodontics, Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry, and Endodontics.
- Administered routine patient care and monitoring, including instrument and material setup and sterilization.
- Provided chair-side assistance during clinical treatments, alginate impressions, fabricated and cemented temporary crowns and bridges, and dental x-rays.
- Repaired, adjusted and polished prosthetics. Performed tooth bleaching, child prophylaxis and sealants.
Florida Community College, Jacksonville, FL
B.S. Health / Biological Sciences (in progress)
Schenectady County Community College, Albany, NY
A.A.S. Business Management, 1990
Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant Certification, 1998
Great Resumes Fast
is a professional resume writing and interview coaching firm that assists job seekers at every level secure interviews and job offers. They create dynamic, best-in-class resumes and cover letters that consistently deliver results. Great Resumes Fast also offers writers with specialization in Federal Resume Writing, Executive Level and C-Suite, Information Technology, Sales and Management.
View the corresponding dental assistant cover letter.