Resume sample of an Advertising & Marketing Director with significant experience. This resume adopts a simple but professional layout. The lines used to separate the sections of the resume provide a good demarcation and help make the resume more readable.
355 East Park Drive • Dallas, Texas 75050
Phone: (214) 968-2222 • Email: [email protected]
Marketing • Advertising • Public Relations • Event Planning
Creative professional with expertise in all aspects of successful marketing, advertising, public relations, event planning, and management. Excel in managing multiple projects concurrently with strong detail, problem solving, and follow-through capabilities. Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate cohesive teams that achieve results. Source vendors, negotiate contracts and manage budgets. Superb written communications, interpersonal and organizational skills. First class client relations and teaming skills. Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Professional, Distiller & Design; Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, ImageReady, InDesign; QuarkXpress, Conservational in Spanish. Available for travel and relocation.
Creative Market Planning & Execution • Budget Management & Cost Controls • Market Research & Competitive Analysis • Team Leadership & Supervision • High Profile Event Planning & Management • Editorial Functions & Media Placement • Public Relations & Agency Management • Advertising & Promotional Writing
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Successful in developing and executing strategic plans, setting and administering budgets, and managing projects from inception to successful completion.
- Developed interpersonal skills having dealt with diversity of professionals, including senior management, vendors, sales teams, PR agencies, ad agencies, and non-profit organizations.
- Exceptionally well-organized, with a track record that demonstrates self-motivation, creativity, and initiative to achieve both personal and corporate goals.
- Able to establish a team-spirited environment through a positive and proactive leadership style.
- Apply innovative marketing and advertising strategies to increase customer acquisition, penetration and revenue.
- Have written and/or prepared numerous in-house documents, including contracts, proposals, marketing plans, advertisements, press releases, and executive correspondence.
- Control overall company image across all marketing collateral in print and electronic formats, including online.
- Develop and implement business strategies that increase product awareness, market share and company profitability.
HEARING AIDS, LLC, Dallas, Texas
One of the largest independently owned and operated practices in the US with annual revenue of $5.6 million.
Director of Advertising & Marketing (2005 – Present)
Direct public relations, product marketing, marketing communications, promotional events, company web site, advertising, and sales team support. Develop and present ad hoc reports at quarterly/ annual staff meetings. Control a $1 million advertising budget. Manage six direct reports. Report to President & CEO.
Spearhead special events: conceived and executed a plan to establish in-house ad agency. Updated and redesigned company contracts and reports. Managed press coverage, celebrity outreach, and special promotional activities. Initiated the development and delivery of media kits for customer sales team, corporate sales team and OEM sales team.
- Reduced advertising expenses from 17% to 15% within 1 year. Identified errors that saved company $10,000 annually.
- Secured PR opportunities for President & CEO, including a feature article in the American Express' Business Platinum Profile. Positioned HAE as an industry leader and influencer.
- Created and directed PR campaigns featuring former Miss America, Deidre Downs, and former head coach of the Houston Oilers, Bum Phillips as celebrity spokespersons.
- Developed strategic marketing relationships in conjunction with major manufacturers (GN, ReSound, Sonic innovations, and Starkey) to minimize Cost per Sale expenses.
- Redesigned company's logo and web site, booth designs and setups, and promotional collateral and presentation materials, creating a consistent, dynamic, and professional branding/ corporate statement.
- Developed a corporate newsletter featuring HAE's involvement with Hearing Aid for Latin America (HALA) charity.
- Spearheaded promotions for the Texas Retired Teachers Association (TRTA) member's Hearing Healthcare plan.
EXECUTIVE BUSINESS CENTERS, Dallas, Texas
Executive office suites offering a full range of professional business support service with eight locations across North Texas.
Director of Marketing & Advertising (2004 – 2005)
Managed the execution of marketing communications, PR strategies, and strategic alliances for commercial real estate firm specializing in executive office suites. Supervised direct mail campaign. Analyzed source reports and controlled advertising budget. Wrote copy for promotional literature, brochures, press releases, and newsletters. Led client Networking Group. Managed two direct reports. Reported to Vice President.
- Developed and filled company's first ever in-house marketing and advertising function.
- Project managed the design of a new CRM process, incorporating an online client satisfaction survey.
- Planned and directed various large-scale events with more than 500 guests in attendance.
- Optimized public relations between AEBC and clients by facilitating the Network Atrium networking group for clients.
- Initiated a fundraising campaign to raise money for the American Red Cross Hurricane Katrina fund.
BA, Mass Communications: Emphasis: Advertising, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
GPA 3.54/ Dean's List 2002, 2003, 2004/ Graduated Cum Laude
Spanish Studies, Foreign Exchange Program, San Jose, Costa Rica
Virtual Leader Certification – Business Management, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
Search Engine Optimization, Yahoo Workshop, Dallas, Texas
RELEVANT COURSES / ACTIVITIES
Marketing • Mass Communications • Advertising & Public Relations Management • Advertising Media Planning • Management of Organizations • Business Management • Information Gathering & Analysis • Speech Communications • Visual Communications, Writing - Mass Media • Ad Copy for Print Ad Campaigns • Writing I & II • Media Law
Senior Mission Trip, Monterrey, Mexico
Member, Student Hall Government
Member, TCU Advertising Club
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
Fundraising Campaign, Walk for the Cure, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
Fundraising Campaign, Hurricane Katrina, American Red Cross