12345 Old Oak Lane • Baltimore, MD 12345
H: 877.875.7706 • M: 877.875.7706 • [email protected]
DIRECTOR OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Scope Management, Strategic Planning, International Business Development
Award-winning executive tactical planner creates and distributes profitable solutions in new and growth-oriented companies and in a variety of industries. Through innovative strategizing, implements change management/ recovery campaigns that create organizational stability and prosperity. Leads hundreds of simultaneous high-stakes projects by creating clear strategies for their successful conclusion. Thrives by making difficult but necessary decisions that promote sale of technological solutions, consultative engagements, and top-quality software products, for increased revenue and overall profitability. Proven ability to generate business and offer technical expertise in more than 30 countries worldwide, including the United States, Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
CORE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strategic Planning
- Team Building
- Budgeting and Planning
- Revenue Growth
- Enterprise Content Management
- International Business Development
- Sales and Marketing
- Business to Business (B2B) Sales
- Start-Up and Exit Strategy
- Project Management
- Talent Acquisition
ABC Company (NYSE: EMC), 2006 – Present
Director of Professional Services-South East and Mid-Atlantic United States
Lead organization in sales and revenue growth through building strategic alliances that create viable projects with new and existing clients. Direct 80-100+ multimillion and small enterprise content management (ECM) projects (sales + consulting) delivered on time and within budget, across 19 U.S. states. Manage a 40-person team of sales managers, delivery managers, project managers and software consultants, including line/ executive management as well as recruiting, performance reviews, and compensation evaluation. Additionally aligns extended team of 150+ subcontractors with internal project and program goals to extend full-time staff capabilities.
- In first week, derived company structure overhaul in concert with company vice president resulting in ~20% increased revenues in first year. Brought siloed organization divided by product lines into a modern territory-based configuration, in which geographically distributed teams provided solutions, software, and services as integrated units. Revamped design allowed overall scalability of projects, increased local team ownership/ responsibility, and reduction of costs due to lack of boundary control and inefficiencies.
- Devised recession strategy that produced growth over Q2-Q4 in 2009, with Q3-Q4 growth at 31%. Techniques included farming existing accounts and building relationships with new ones, as well as developing account management policies focusing on growth in poor economy. Led company to exceed revenue targets in 8 of last 10 quarters and demonstrate $20 million in annual sales/ $16 million in annual revenue.
- Created independent Latin American sales territory with 12 employees, generating 50% increase in revenues in first 9 months.
- Implemented consultancy project scope control in the context of a major software sale to preserve project integrity and contain losses on the project. Over many projects (most recent 18 months), balanced company needs with client expectations, increasing margins 7% and eliminating ~$1 million in costs (75% reduction) related to fixing unnecessary errors. Produced 36% increase (to 96%) in number of go-status ("green" light) projects.
Professional experience continued...
ROBERT FAIRCHILD, PAGE 2
...Professional experience continued
ABC Corporation, 1998 – 2006
Senior Managing Principal
Project Manager Senior Business and Technical Consultant
Business and Technical Consultant
Spearheaded large technical integration projects for Fortune 500 companies requiring web or intranet presence utilizing thousands of web content pages, which now almost universally maintain essential longevity and utility. Primary business consultant on Fortune 500 projects in a variety of industries, including entertainment, aerospace, web portals, magazines/ online publishing, banking, automotive, and shipping. Envisioned and executed innovative methods of extending utility of service/ software packages into a variety of untried operational environments. Led direct report teams in all disciplines in the organization.
- CEO Leadership Award Winner, 2005; 4 other All-Star Awards for leadership ability.
- Generated and sold $16 million+ in software and services in flagging economy, including devising sales strategy resulting in $1 million greater than target in first year.
- Contributed to building European division from 3 initial employees to 100.
- Provided content management system (CMS) to IPC Magazines, the creative technical strategy for which cut time-to-market from 6 months to 2 weeks.
- As project manager for major project ($2 million over 18 months) for Barclays Bank, oversaw team of 150 in conjunction with client managers; aligned and guided team to maintain scope boundaries while ensuring profitability on Vignette's bottom line. Solution required roll-out of enterprise software designed to bring Barclays an online banking presence.
- Rapidly conceived and delivered a new portal for Arabia Online, initially conceived for two countries. Grew this presence to 12+ countries in several languages. Led content personalization and tracking capability that allowed portal to deliver personalized content.
- Took over a Walt Disney corporate integrated content management system project on the brink of failure. Decisively exited project upon realizing its likelihood of draining dollars beyond acceptable measures, and chose to become a consulting client of the new project owners, resulting in revenue in the range of $3 million for the project rather than a projected loss of $15 million.
- Completed the Bush-Cheney 2004 presidential campaign's web donation presence in 1 month vs. expected 6 months. Organized 13 experts working remotely and around the clock to complete this unprecedented project.
- Managed Sales and Delivery for various EMEA regions, including the Nordics, Benelux, and Middle East and Africa.
Prior experience includes hands-on technical design, implementation, and management of high profile web projects using Microsoft and Java technologies in the utilities industry. Developed first Pan-Electricity industry online data management system.
Confidential University, United Kingdom
Bachelor of Science, Construction Management
Graduated with honors
Great Resumes Fast
is a professional resume writing and interview coaching firm that assists job seekers at every level secure interviews and job offers. They create dynamic, best-in-class resumes and cover letters that consistently deliver results. Great Resumes Fast also offers writers with specialization in Federal Resume Writing, Executive Level and C-Suite, Information Technology, Sales and Management.