111 Oak Road, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19101, 555-555-5555, [email protected]
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER/ PROJECT MANAGER
Accomplished, proactive engineer with significant experience in electrical design, testing, analysis, and project coordination. Possess extensive educational qualifications with Master's and Bachelor's degrees in Electrical Engineering. Recognized for strong adherence to safety, ability to work well as team member and leader, and exceptional work ethic. Proven technical, interpersonal communications, and training skills. Core competencies and professional strengths include:
- Project Management
- Project Development
- Electrical Design
- Project Funding
- Report Preparation
- Personnel Oversight
- Safety Compliance
- Cross-functional Collaborations
- Electrical Testing/ Analysis
- Outsourcing/ Contracted Services
- Process Improvements
- Budget Development
- Project Scheduling
- Cost Controls
- Quality Controls
- Customer Service
- Served as project lead for multiple projects with $400K budget entailing control systems upgrade at seven sites; completed all projects with $300K spend.
- Spearheaded internal inspection of above ground storage tank requiring taking tank out of service, cleaning, inspection, repair and return to service within one month; completed entire project in two weeks.
- Delivered $130K cost savings, uninterrupted terminal operations, and ~1300 incident and injury free contractor hours as project lead to demolish 4 above ground storage tanks.
- Led control system upgrade project for loading rack at distribution terminal completed $200K below budget and 2 months ahead of schedule with minimal disruption to terminal's operations and ~1200 contractor hours incident and injury free.
- Conducted design research and developed cost estimate for project to automate 17 sites on 3 separate pipelines, upgrade control system equipment, and ensure compliance with OSHA and NEC requirements.
- Directed delivery terminal automation project to convert 21 manually operated valves to motor operated valves completed ahead of schedule and $200K under budget; received commendation from customer as "Prudent and professional throughout project."
- Played key role as member of Electrical Integrity Team and Electrical Integrity Safety Assessment Team in creating and rolling out process to assess corporate facilities' electrical safety and compliance with NEC and OSHA regulations; resulted in successful process development and roll out to all USA areas ten training sessions.
UNION PIPELINE COMPANY, Malvern, Pennsylvania, 1998 - Present
Pipeline Engineer (2001 - Present)
- Coordinated multiple electrical and engineering projects as Project Lead to ensure on-time, within budget completion; responsibility encompassed team and contractor oversight, project development, consultation research, documentation, submission and approval, design, scheduling, and construction.
- Logged ~12,000 on-site contractor hours incident and injury free throughout tenure as pipeline engineer.
- Reduced costs for company and customers on various projects with combined actual savings of ~$150K and potential savings of ~$650K through continuous collaboration with customers, colleagues, and contractors.
- Performed ~88 job safety observations in 2003 versus required 24 observations per year.
- Recommended improvements for multiple in-house processes related to procurement, document consolidation, time accounting beta testing, safety, contractor requirements, electrical and instrumentation guide, project flow charts, and control system standardization.
CASEY SMITH, PAGE 2
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (Continued)
UNION PIPELINE COMPANY (Continued)
Field Engineer (2000 - 2001)
- Completed BOP Butadiene and Propane system SCADA upgrade safely and on-time.
- Automated product proving and delivery, and converted 21 valves into MOVs at delivery terminal within all time and budget constraints; resulted in improved operational efficiency.
Electrical Design Engineer (1998 - 2000)
- Served as Electrical Design Advisor for installation of Noltex meter site for new ethylene service customer.
- Directed safe completion of BPU Butylene SCADA upgrade in conjunction with OMNI Y2K project.
- Spearheaded creation of New Hire folder system encompassing all general and technical information specific to Electrical Services group to assist new electrical hires in assimilation to new position.
- Hosted and interviewed potential new hires as member of recruiter host team.
- Led multiple electrical related projects for instrumentation, control, and power.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, Columbus, Ohio
Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, 1998 - GPA: 3.75/4.0
Thesis: "Study of Cogging Torque in Permanent Magnet Machines"
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, 1996
Graduated Summa Cum Laude with 3.81/4.0
CLEVELAND INSTITUTE OF ELECTRONICS, Correspondence
Certificate in Electronic Technology, 1991
UNITED STATES NAVY, Charleston, South Carolina
Final Rank of E-6, ET1SS Submarine Qualified
Nuclear Power Program, Reactor Controls Division
Battle 'E' Efficiency Ribbon
Sea Service Ribbon
Two Good Conduct Medals
Multiple Letters of Commendation
Commanding Officer's Citation
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND PUBLICATION
ISA (Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation Society)
The American Legion
Smith, C., Sebb, T., and Murt, S.."Study of Cogging Torque in Permanent Magnet Machines." - Submitted for IEEE-IAS Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, October 4-9, 1997.