RESUME E. ROCKETEER
555 Rocketeer Street • Honolulu, HI 55555
Primary: 800.280.2445 • Secondary: 800.280.2445 • [email protected]
RESULTS-DRIVEN ENGINEERING MANAGER
Dedicated to ensuring safe, durable, and efficient machinery and tooling equipment.
Boasting long-standing, proven experience across mechanical applications and corporate management. Thorough understanding of maintenance aspects and safety standards. Dedicated to and actively involved in corporate vision and operations. Superb balance of technical know-how with workforce management and collaborative abilities. Earned reputation as a hard charging leader with distinctive ability to train and lead efficient, goal-focused teams. Invited to serve on numerous corporate improvement committees and completed various workshops covering communication, chemical handling (AAA Corporation), and safety.
- Equipment & Tooling
- Manufacturing Processes
- Cost Analysis & Budgeting
- Training & Development
- Die Building & Repair
- Critical Issue Resolution
- Quality Control
- Vendor Communications
- Maintenance Planning
- Project Management
- Planning & Improvement
- Regulatory Compliance
- Led complete, plant-wide tooling change and exchange, including more than 1,700 machine parts.
- Researched and resolved plant-wide machine issues contributing to consistent increase in production (by 10% in 2009) and reliability, as well as a drop in breakdowns, spoilage, and overall facility maintenance.
- Delivered 10% increase in efficiency thanks to stringent standards and streamlined processes.
- Engineered, designed and manufactured the plant's first wax applicator.
- Managed, planned, and executed reconstruction can handling equipment, resulting in zero down time and zero jam rate within 48 hours, and 97% efficiency.
BBB Corporation, Honolulu, HI, 2008 – Present
Led total facility maintenance with as many as 125 direct reports including planning, building, support equipment, production performance and equipment, maintenance scheduling, process maintenance, storeroom control, and coordination of special events. Oversaw numerous capital projects from concept to launch including budgeting and planning. Ensured compliance with state and federal regulations, specifically AQM and fire systems.
- Oversaw regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) project that brought plant well above minimum state environmental standards.
- Performed switch gear maintenance to successfully restore plant to normal function within just 12 hours after emergency break-down.
- Led inside spray conversion project, which vastly improved aluminum can quality.
- Increased hot water efficiency by completing new boiler installation.
Resume E. Rocketeer, Page 2
CCC Corporation, Honolulu, HI
Machinist's Mate 2nd Class (MM2) / Tooling Coordinator, 2002 – 2008
Managed all daily Tool Room operations including troubleshooting issues, leading tooling change-ups, and total quality control. Prepared and managed contractor work and worked closely with vendors. Provided maintenance procedures and trained staff on software changes. Authorized tooling drawing changes and set-up. Managed ordering and receiving of new and re-ground tooling.
- Organized, managed and completed die set re-builds including conducting quality control.
- Succeeded in innovating tool grinding and tooling re-build processes.
- Invited to serve on Front End Improvement Team.
- Delivered record production numbers on start-up after completion of machine repair.
Shop Chief Machinist's Mate 1st Class (MM1), 1989 – 2001
Supervised daily shop operations including writing maintenance programs for support equipment, rebuilding production and support equipment, planning and managing maintenance work and oversees rebuilds, and maintaining the plant's support equipment.
- Designed aluminum can handling and conveying equipment.
- Served total of two years on Process Improvement Team (PIT).
- Served on design team for Omega Inker Head Project.
- Designed and engineered various improvements for process equipment.
Machinist's Mate 1st Class (MM1), 1985 – 1989
Manufactured and repaired parts, rebuilt and maintained work on support equipment, and fabricated conveyor equipment.
Additional Related Experience:
- Machinist and Equipment Overhaul, DDD Machine Shop, Honolulu, HI
- Machinist Set-up Specialist, EEE Inc., Honolulu, HI
- Machinist Apprentice, FFF Machine Company, Honolulu, HI
B.S., Information Technology
Sample University, Honolulu, HI
Advanced Technology Certification, Refrigeration
Sample State College, Honolulu, HI
Habitat for Humanity
Boys & Girls Club
American Cancer Society
National MS Society