730 Sample Street ~ Sample, CA 94110
(555) 555-1212, [email protected]
Interactive Marketing ~ International Business ~ Partnership Development
SENIOR EXECUTIVE, experienced in the strategic planning, development and management of multi-million dollar international business operations with specific expertise in the entertainment industry. Consistently successful in analyzing market trends and capitalizing on global market opportunities to create high-profit, high-visibility partnerships through product development, brand positioning, and innovative marketing/ media solutions. M.B.A. in International Business and Entertainment Marketing. Fluent in English and proficient in Mandarin Chinese. Available for relocation to Shanghai or Beijing.
- Profit & Loss Management
- Corporate Image/ Branding
- Platform Development
- Strategic Alliance Building
- Market Analysis & Trends
- SMS/ MMS/ Java
- Business Expansion
- Contract Negotiations
- Media Planning
- Established a wide array of partnership opportunities with Sony, DreamWorks, Disney, Universal, Fox, ESPN, Nike, Coca Cola, AOL, Google, XBOX, Apple Computer, Panasonic (partial list).
- Initiated multilingual (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish) brand integration across interactive platforms.
- Developed launch sponsorship strategies that generated $15 million in additional revenue.
- Saved company $6 million in capital expenditures for 2006, and an additional $1.5 million per year over an eight year span, through effective contract negotiations with Virgin suppliers.
- Integral part of developing an all-inclusive global marketing campaign for a $500 million Panasonic subsidiary; plan encompassed identification and inclusion of untouched market segments.
- Contributed to the development of numerous entertainment concepts for Asian based carriers including Air China, Asiana, Cathay Pacific, China Air, China Eastern, Dragon Air, Eva, JAL, Korean Air, Shanghai Airlines, and Singapore Airlines.
- Led marketing research studies that resulted in Panasonic's pursuit of two new entertainment products requiring a capital investment of $20 million.
VIRGIN AMERICA, New York, NY | San Francisco, CA, 2004 - present
Direct the management and delivery of corporate level functions related to entertainment marketing, service offerings, agency management, licensing agreements, partnership development, product expansion, and profit and loss administration for this new U.S. based international airline.
Director of In-flight Entertainment
- Manage multiple advertising agencies responsible for executing partnership deals across multiple media.
- Create entertainment, movie, and television concepts with high PAX engagement potential to new and changing consumers with special focus on Asian, Hispanic, and teen market demographics.
- Combine entertainment products with interactive service offerings delivered on multiple platforms including Broadband connectivity, Mobile Phones (mobile portal, SMS, MMS, Java) Websites, Kiosks Portal Partnerships, and In-flight Magazines through partnerships with various entertainment outlets.
SAMPLE, Page Two
PANASONIC AVIONICS CORPORATION, Lake Forest, CA, 2003 - 2004
Identified and defined entertainment business models, international partnership opportunities, media planning and integration strategies, global marketing plans, and interactive/ VOD content for the world's leading supplier of in-flight entertainment and communications systems.
Manager of Business Development
- Guided China Market Opportunity project aimed at targeting the "jet set" Chinese consumer. Field study represented team members in Hong Kong, Macau, Shanghai, Beijing, and Chengdu.
- Provided recommendations to company executives based on findings from a series of global marketing projects that utilized focus groups and quantitative instruments that examined entertainments trends.
COMSPAN COMMUNICATIONS, INC/ STEEPLECHASE MEDIA, Santa Monica, CA, 1998 - 2002
Promoted from V.P. of Special Projects to oversee business development, market research, product placement, and advertising for Hollywood's foremost strategic planning and consulting firms of cable television, live entertainment, and new media industries.
Vice President of Entertainment
- Expanded branded entertainment and product placement opportunities with Clear Channel, Fox Sports, NBA, NFL, Harlem Globe Trotters, MTV; live entertainment with Sting, Paul McCartney, Ricky Martin, Davis Bowie; event tie-ins at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney, and the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City.
- Formed new division, which enabled company to successfully expand Russian operations into China.
U.S. CONSULATE, Shanghai, People's Republic of China, 1996 - 1997
Assisted with a full range of products and services in assigned industry sectors to assist U.S. businesses including matchmaking, trade events and marketing; counseling, market research, and advocacy and trade dispute resolution.
- Created business plans and identified strategic alliances for multinational U.S. companies entering the Chinese business market.
- Planned and executed segments of former Vice President Al Gore's historic visit to China in 1997.
CIBER, San Francisco, CA, 1993 - 1996
Allocated the resources of multi-disciplined IS teams across various complex projects to ensure acceptance criteria, review schedules, and completion of projects for the leading international system integration consultancy for both private and government sector clients (NYSE:CBR).
- Managed scheduling requirements for 15 network engineers responsible for implementing a dynamic video streaming project for the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.
- Oversaw project timetables during the deployment of a large-scale ISDN network for SBC.
MARSHALL SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, UNIVERISITY OF SOUTH CALIFORNIA, Los Angeles, CA
M.B.A. in International Business & Entertainment Marketing, 2003
B.B.A. in Management & Organization, Concentration: Entertainment, 2000
Graduated with Honors ~ Dean's List
Executive Committee Member, Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (Emmys)
Member, International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences
Education Committee Member, World Airlines Entertainment Association
Board Member, Los Angeles - St. Petersburg Sister Committee
Speaker, Multicultural Marketing Summit
Member, Asia Society