123 Elm Street • Atlanta, GA 30339
678.555.5555 • [email protected]
Extremely organized with a seven year background in the successful planning and seamless execution of exceptional meetings and events. Expert in managing facilities, schedules, travel, and accommodations. Successful track record of creating venues and planning agendas. Proven ability to balance priorities, meet tight deadlines, and produce superior quality. Known for thriving in dynamic, high-pressure environments. Key skills include:
- Personnel Management
- Customer Satisfaction
- Team Building & Training
- Organization &
- Relationship Management
- Travel Arrangements
- Project Management
EVENT PLANNING EXPERIENCE
EVENT PLANNER, ABC INC., Lilburn, GA, 20xx to Present
Expertly plan events and weddings. Establish budgets, review locations, and choose venues. Ensure best rates by skillfully negotiating with suppliers, vendors, and entertainers. Source highly qualified caterers, florists, and limousine services. Oversee contracted team of event contributors including various musicians, a Photographer, and a DJ. Develop plans for floral arrangements, select invitations, and conduct food tastings.
- Seamlessly orchestrated events, with budgets of up to $20,000, for up to 1500 attendees.
- Successfully developed on-the-spot contingency plans during adverse weather conditions.
- Developed personal inventory of elegant event equipment including chairs, tables, fountains, linen, silverware, and serving dishes.
EVENT PLANNER, BCD INC., Douglasville, GA, 20xx to 20xx
Directed annual events, fundraisers, and golf tournaments for a non-profit organization focused on helping underprivileged girls. Solicited donations for organizational funding and silent auctions. Developed and distributed souvenir booklets, CDs, and DVDs for child attendees. Found venues for golf tournaments and attained sponsors. Led volunteer marketing efforts and sent out announcement letters. Continually increased visibility by promoting the importance of the organization.
- Garnered significant donations from celebrities such as Oprah Winfrey and Bill Cosby.
- Obtained free cars to be given as prizes during golf tournaments and secured the necessary insurance.
EVENT PLANNER, CDE INC, Lithonia, GA, 20xx to 20xx
Planned and coordinated the store's grand opening. Booked food vendors, music bands, and the keynote speaker. Served as the primary point of contact for all involved vendors. Developed relationships within the community to boost attendance levels. Monitored staffing levels in all service areas to ensure exceptional member service.
- Developed highly effective radio and print ad campaigns that aggressively promoted the event.
- Recognized by the President of CDE for executing the largest and most successful grand opening he ever participated in.
B.S. ~ Business Administration, Minor: Marketing, XYZ University, Atlanta, GA, 20xx